PMDG MD-11

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: PMDG MD-11

Post by DanKH »

Too
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

eight thouzan penies..

ok so if it's really all that it is, and all the stuff works .......
but . the whole sim W/ accel was 120.oo at release. now down to 40 bucks for the gold pack.... so thats my guide

I got heavies, not this one, but what the hay ,

the payware that really frost me are the ones you have to jump through hoops to get them to work . go to the panel
to sync the lights or the mouse hand flickers on and off so you have to time the click or you can flip the switch
tool tips I can't read, windows I can't see out of,
or how about a in panel DVD player that does Nothing! and touts the model as being one of the most realistic models for FS
....... I know a FAA guy.... he'sd laugh you out of that errorport world you've somehow got lost in. i mean really.
make the dang thing work like in real world and chuck the cream of bolahGna out. your killing my fuel cost hauling it around.

and ALL tested in FSX ..... (my arse FSX is now FSX w/ accel , end of story on this version. )

why .. do you know what? . do you know what.?
......... :-#

I think I'll allow my heroic feet to keep me out of trouble in this here place.

but I'll tell ya something thats true as the sky is blue on a clear summer day
what goes around comes around.... comes back around.

once someone makes an excuse or has some attitude they've just set themself up.
think your the only monkey ?..... monkey see monkey do . not withstanding the monkey whos gonna be smarter at it.
you know .... anybody see the insanity of that?

ah well ........ how's everybodies day going?
:wave:

:D

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I think that there is something wrong when an add-on out-prices the "mother-application", and not only out-prices it but with that amount..... :roll:

something's wrotten...
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks to this thread, I've now discovered Level D and CLS...hadn't heard of either of them up until now. I'm looking at the CLS Airbus 340-500 and -600 package, but I notice that their products are not compatible with DX10( preview mode ). Not sure what that means, so can anyone advise how this will affect me when I upgrade to a new computer later this year ?

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

DX10 is part of the VISTA operation system, the successor of DX9 (or DirectX 9)

FSX isn't DX10'ified as DX10 wasn't finished at the time FSX had to be released, but as the DirectX department and the FSX department has lurked into each others code, you are able to see a "What-if" in FSX.

But you have to run Vista, AND have a Graphic card / driver that is DX10 compatible, and finally you have to have a texture that is DX10 compatible to see it.

But for the time being you are quite safe at running DX9 EVEN in VISTA, as FSX is "only" DX9.

If you by any chance has a check box available in FSX that give you the opportunity to DX10 preview, you just tick it off.

Atm. I think that only the genuine FSX models and textures are DX10 compatible, and again I think that it is only the default aircraft within FSX that are actually DX10 viewable ;-)

Both all in all, neither FSX nor XP is DX10 so you just keep on ...
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

Dan

There's a bit more to it than that. DX10 Preview mode actually shaves a few fps from my copy of FSX when it's switched on, and there are quite a few non default aeroplanes that are compatible. I can't remember which off the top of my head though and FSX is at home. Also TrafficX with it's SP1 patch is completely DX10 compliant so all the AI there is viewable.

What puts me off the DX10 Preview option though is that the tooltips disappear when it's enabled (and I use them a lot on some aircraft), the taxi arrows don't appear to guide me to my assigned runway (and I can't be bothered with parking and taxiway maps), and although the fps goes up, the texture loading time goes up with it. So everything is clad in the FSX boot up screen (yes really) for ages whilst the textures slowly reveal themselves.

On the plus point, the A2A B377 Stratocruiser looks absolutely awesome in DX10, as do some of the other aeroplanes I have.

All in all, I keep it switched off for the ease of use and my tooltip needs.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dan, Fodda, thanks very much. I'd heard of DX10 preview but didn't really know what it was.

Cheers both. CHEERS

gavinbarbara
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by gavinbarbara »

Ben Watson wrote:Personally anyone who pays that sort of cash for a glass cockpit aircraft (where most of the systems are comon across several types) needs their head examined incase they've had a fall and bumped it :lol:
Well my Mrs is a psychologist so perhaps she could check me out. No bumps or bruises evident though.
Gavin

Viper
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Viper »

Hi...

Just saw a review of the PMDG MD-11 manuals & checklist on Avsim.
The reviewer says ïn short:
"To fly the MD-11 the way PMDG intended you to do, it's necessary for you read the manuals carefully. However, there is another alternate to have printed manuals on your Computer's desktop; you can buy the PMDG printed manuals."

"The 3 manuals are on A5 sized paper. The outside of the binders is well Illustrated with a beautiful picture of the MD-11 in PMDG house colors. The first impression is a good one, very professional, and invites you to have a closer look. The size of the manuals is a good choice: it will fit on almost any desk for use during your flights."

"These kinds of manuals are also a "must have" in my opinion. For those of you wanting to be a serious virtual MD-11 pilot, this set of manuals should be on your desk."
I just checked it out, to get them on your desk you have to pay € 169,99 (euro's) at Aerosoft.com and $ 169.99 (dollars) direct from PMDG!!!
Combine that with the price for the MD-11 combo-package, you are well over € 230,00 at Aerosoft.com and $ 289.00 at PMDG's site!
Just for one type of aircraft add-on.
Where are we going with our hobby, I wonder and hold my breath...

Grtz.
tonka
Johan "VIPER" Lemmers
the Netherlands

tinkicker
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by tinkicker »

i think PMDG and some other Payware addon developers are just getting down right gready. I happened upon a free copie of the FSX version of the MD11 by accident and to be honest apart from the external appearence, and the full system's operation the cockpit is a bit wilcopub quality. its as if they rushed that bit. Needless to say even tho it was free i deleted it as it doesnt fit in with my flightsimming criteria.

jim