Westland Whirlwind for FSX and FS2004 now freeware

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Re: Westland Whirlwind for FSX and FS2004 now freeware

Post by Michael davies »

I'm sorry but I'm afraid you might have too, Alphasim did not contact me for the revised file, nor notify me that they had collected from my link and inserted, as far as Alphasim are concerned there is nothing wrong with the original, and being the author of both I have to support, all the revised file did was level it out for soem users out there, we never had any feedback about tail heavy during selling so it was a bit of a suprise to see it rear its head as freeware. Chances are the revised package still has the old FDE.

Best

Michael
Airtrooper wrote:There should be no need for the revised FDE now, as there is a new version of the Whirlwind now at "all nodes". If you downloaded it early on you may want to re-download it now. This fixes most issues and adds extra bonus features (such as generic spec map for addon textures).

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Chris, I originally only intended it to be there until someone updated the downloadable files, not sure if that has happened so I've reinserted it back to my FTP, simply click the link to collect the revised FDE again.

Sorry for your strife.

Kindest

Michael
Chris H wrote:
Michael davies wrote:
fsafranek wrote:If you have troubles getting her trimmed (for me the tail tends to drop in FSX) you might check out this chopper trim gauge at avsim.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... litrim.zip
Or you can use this revised FDE I did to level it out and let it hover perfectly flat.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/files/Aircraft.zip

Kindest

Michael
Is there any chance you can re-upload the revised FDE Michael? The link in your post appears to be dead.

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Was there a fix released that I may have missed for the rear left gear in the deck problem, has anyone got the payed for FSX version confirm whether it was ok and if it was maybe make it available, seems odd if it was never noticed if that fault existed.
Rich

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Rich, The original payware version had other gear problems, I think nose gear suspension was not working ?, on my master Beta the wheels didnt go round, but that was fixed but some other parts were not, when the model went freeware it was recompiled, better bump mapping and others bits and pieces and then the rear oleo got broken. I believe it has all now been fixed and an updated freeware one released, though I dont know if that has actually gone public yet.

Hope that helps

Michael

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Michael, thanks for the reply, I have given up on fixing it via contact points, the front gear extension as you say does not work though they do castor and all the wheels go round.

Been watching for a update to fix that rear strut but nothing yet, have your updated FDE etc which works fine, even with that faulty strut it is a nice model and thanks to Alphasim for releasing it.

I can't get the rescue winch to work for some reason whatever key strokes I use.

Sorry for late reply could not post or reply yesterday kept getting Your IP has been blacklisted by this lot any ideas what or who they are,

http://www.spamhaus dot org
Rich

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Rich,

Is that 'my' IP thats blacklisted or CBFS ?, cant think why mine would be blacklisted, though I've heard odd things about these so called sites.

I dont think an update will surface now, there seems to be a little change of the guard going on over at AS if I'm reading the SoH forums correctly, so I'm not sure whats really going on TBH.

Best

Michael

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Yes I get no notification of replies to posts or PM's anymore for the same reason my ISP is Plusnet Ben is aware of the problem, sadly I think it wil affect a few more in time....
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Thanks Michael, pity it is a nice model.

this is the complete blacklist message that I had with the HTTP bit removed so it does not show as a link,

Your IP 119.94.37.52 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see 119.94.37.52.

spamhaus.org is the setup that blacklisted that IP which is the Philippine long distance telephone company so it may have nothing to do with this site though it was the only one I could not post or reply on at that time.

Tony not sure if that is linked to your problem.
Rich

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

i still get a very heavy tail...even with the "updated" fde as in V2.2 which appears to be the same as in the download version.

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Hmm, thats odd, as far as I know they havent added my updated file to the download, which means the one I put up isnt the right one, I orginally only put it up for a short while to allow them to collect and update their files, then I took it down, others wanted it so I re uploaded and it looks like I've accidentally re uploaded the wrong FDE.

Open the aircraft.cfg and scroll down to the main rotor section, theres three numbers for the rotor location, one of them is 0.2, change this to -0.2, this should make it hover a little better, i made some other small changes but that was the main one as far as I can recall. Try that and see how you get on, once I've finished night shift I'll re look at my files and try and find out what went wrong and where and then upload the correct revised FDE.

Apologies for the screw up !.

Kindest

Michael