Help in Saving Trident 1C G-ARPO

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trident Man
Viscount
Viscount

Help in Saving Trident 1C G-ARPO

Post by Trident Man »

Hi all,i have been bored for 7 months and alas i have been asked to help save G-ARPO at Teesside and hopefully move it to the Northeast Museum....Like WZK we need to secure funding but voulnteers will be needed to keeps cost's to a bare minumum by doing most of the work ourselves ie dismantle and rebuild...feel free to visit the website http://www.savethetrident.org/

thanks in advance
Neil

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Help in Saving Trident 1C G-ARPO

Post by Garry Russell »

Nice one Neil

A very worthy project :thumbsup:

If anyone can you can B)smk ......are there many of G-ARPH's bits around?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Trident Man
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Trident Man »

Sadly not Gary,but im positive i can muster up stuff from freinds,mind you we would have to make a rudder for it! :D

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Whatever happened to the Trident at Cosford before they ruined that museum?? I am not sure if she was broken up which would have been criminal as it was complete with full interior and engines, maybe Trident man you could make enquiries on that if it was broken up the parts hopefully could be tracked down.
Looking at the pictures on the website you linked I wish you luck as I recall when at BHX they had the Trident 3 on the fire depot, she was a wreck inside.
But love conquers all... I think, good luck with a worthwhile project :thumbsup:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

It was indeed destroyed Tony, the nose section went to East Fortune... and they even made a pigs arse of cutting that off (the damaged the underside) so its now a cockpit only as the lower half of the nose section had to be cut off :(
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

A few small items made it to e-bay, hence my question about many bits surviving but the airframe was mashed up on site apart form the mentioned cockpit section.

Garry
Garry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

What a bloody waste that the only 707-400 in the UK mashed up and the others, its a joke now its a carbuncle of a hanger where room is so tight they hang aircrfat nose down! "celebrating" the cold war..which is about as interesting as a trip round Aldi on a saturday morning.
But hey what ever rocks your boat :rant:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The stupid thing about the 707 is they saved the forward fuselarge but that's not what made it the "British" version :wall:

They may as well dumpt the bits they saved for all the good they are :rant:

That leaves as far as I know the derelict former G-APFL in, I think, Uganda, or somewher there abouts as the only existing 436 :'(

Neil............. out of interest can you use many parts form T2..like the rudder for instance??

Garry
Garry

Trident Man
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Trident Man »

Gary,yes the T2 rudder is the same...jut the T3 has a smaller one due to the boost engine fit. :agree: all instruments seats are interchagable.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Neil

That widens the scopee a bit, I suppose even adapting a T 3 rudder would be one step better than making from scratch

The Trident is perhaps the best example of a rare aeroplane taken for granted

They were so common in the UK that it was easy to forget that out of Europe apart form China these were very rare beasts, and amongst jet airlines only the Dassualt Mecure would be rarer.... and then after retirement it seemed that every major airport and a few others had one and tbh they were not really given a lot of thought. :((

Then after a few years they rot and there's a bit of a clear out then suddenly it's an effort to scrape up enough bits to even make one up :-O

If it hadn't been for you and your team Neil, the only T3 would have been the one hidden from view with the Science museum.

It would be an even greater achievement if you could get a T1 back in one piece proudly wearing the Red Sqaure with visions of the Saint and James Bond sipping their tipples in first class :)

Perhaps we can all do our bit to try and put it right before it's too late :D

Up to all of us

Garry
Garry