Upcoming Quality Wings 757...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Upcoming Quality Wings 757...

Post by Techy111 »

OK folks price announced for this mega addon....way better than captain sim IMHO....44 dollars....for numerous models and engine types...125 paints and 2 types of panels..lite and real'ish VC and 2D included... :thumbsup:

Link for the manual which has been released....http://forum.qualitysim.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=344

I strongly recommend tubeliner types go check it out.... :agree:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Upcoming Quality Wings 757...

Post by DaveB »

I see that Corey Ford is part of the team. You can just about guarantee the paints will be good :thumbsup: I like the idea of 'lite' version panels too.. they suit idle gits like me who CBA to learn what every switch does :lol:

Nice pack but it's come at the wrong time ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Thanks for the HU Tony.I will watch this with interest.As a user of the excellent LevelD 767,I am always interested in the 757 but so far I don't think any of the 757s available come anywhere near for sysyems and FMC detail.
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

I know what you mean Dave...LOL I have both the captain sim and the beta version of QW757..(on the team also) The QW757 pees all over the other one.... :worried:

FPS is excellent in FS9 and FSX...The VC is to die for and Coreys paints are really outstanding....I do believe there is room for another '57 mate... :thumbsup:

And @ Tomliner.....She really is worth waiting for matey.... :agree:

Tony
ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Techy111 wrote:....for numerous models and engine types...125 paints and 2 types of panels..lite and real'ish VC and 2D included...
All I wanted was a -200 in red tail livery and he comes up with this :(

Seriously, Tony - that looks very, very nice. I might sell one of the cats on eBay to raise the necessary :lol:

Ian

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Well now Ian.... I have 3 pussies so if your really interested in the QW757 i'm sure we could do a swop like swop shop type of thing..... :lol: hang on thats a cracking idea !!!! Lets start up a swop shop for flight sims...! I will start offering my sweaty sock that walked on concorde 7 years ago and never been washed and i would like to swop it for a super duper pc with 37in monitor must be brand new !! Or a second hand cat :rock:

Tony. (ps is this off topic ?)
ImageImageImage

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Hope the FPs is as good as promised, if so I'll have that in a trice, looking very slick indeed.

Best

Michael

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

The question is is it FSX native or not?

Edit : It's a portover. In that case for FSX users it's not really worth comparing with the Captainsim offering.
DESIGNED for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
Will be COMPATIBLE with Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Chris, that could be read either way, many of Alphasims aircraft are 'designed' for FS9 but are also native for FSx, they have separate VCs models, DDS textures, bump mapping etc etc and are compiled as true FSx models, what you don't get is the fidelity that FSx offers with its almost limitless poly count. So technically speaking they are designed for FS9 (due to its poly limit) but can and are also compiled as true native FSx models, hopefully this will be the same, ie one source mesh compiled with each correct compiler for each correct sim.

Surely even a port over cannot drag FPS down as much as Capt sims LOL, I tried their demo the other day and it turned into a slide show, everything else runs nice and smooth at 30FPS but the Capt sim B757 was helplessly slow, a great shame as it looked a nice product overall, if perhaps a little systems intensive for my minimal memory attention span :).

Kindest

Michael

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Michael....the FPS are stunning for such a complex model....and Chris....I have worked hard tweaking with the team to get it working in FSX and yes it IS better than Captain Sims IMHO....!!!

Remember this model was only intended for FS2004 as stated when they started out....But it "ports" well into FSX....But if you prefer Captain Sims offering then its a free choice.... :agree:

I only used Captains Sims version as a comparison because i am a buyer and not a compiler or modeller.... :thumbsup:

Tony
ImageImageImage