de Havilland DH114 Heron

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: de Havilland DH114 Heron

Post by FlyTexas »

Sweet! :thumbsup:

Brian

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now that's really coming along brilliantly Derek. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

british_eagle
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by british_eagle »

I need this to stabilise my sanity.... Bring it on PLEASE :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

:lol: :lol:

I need to stabilise my sanity to try and get it finished ;)

Still working on it.......

ATB,

Derek :)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

bobdawkins
Viscount
Viscount

Post by bobdawkins »

I've always loved this aircraft, and to have one in my hanger will be great so have allocated space for it, you are doing fantastically well with this and appreciate all the hard work that you have put in, :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :excited: :excited: :excited: :cheers: :cheers:
Bob Dawkins,South-West Cambridgeshire, U.K, HGV lorry Driver. If thing's don't change they'll stay the same.

british_eagle
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by british_eagle »

Well if its anything like the Dove I will be more than happy, I had a great flight in that last night, vfr, dusk, snowy and a short hop over nw england looking down at the reebok skirting round warton and into Blackpool, all this will cosyfeet sox and a brew.... made me proud to be English... 8) :lol: :lol:

british_eagle
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by british_eagle »

I mean with cozytoes,you know, those sox that keep your feet warm without sliding around? I find I stick to the pedals, stops me drifting... til I sneeze and skew 10degs off course :thumbsup:

ejoiner
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ejoiner »

Did this lovely looking Heron ever see the light of day? Looks fantastic!

Eric

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Eric :)

It hasn't and it is are the answers to your questions :cpu: There have been a number of 'cunning plans' along the way and all have suffered RW intervention.. not least of all Derek getting a broken wrist just before christmas! 8) The last plan I can recall is that we're just about happy with the Srs1.. a matter of dotting I's and crossing T's. Once that is done, the Srs2 will become the focus of attention.
While I wouldn't be so bold as to give a release date for either or if one will be released before t'other.. expect something in the not too distant ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Hi Eric,

I concur with Dave :lol:

Spending nearly two months with my mouse hand in a cast slowed me down somewhat...and once the impetus is lost it's difficult to get going again.

The Herons are still ongoing but no release date as yet...I'll have to backtrack to try and remember where I'd got to 8)

ATB,

Derek
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals