FS9 Aicraft anyone?

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: FS9 Aicraft anyone?

Post by tonymadge »

Thats looking nice Rick, I think the early Jetstream was no where near as ugly as the stretched 41 type, still ugly though :xgrin:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

NorthernKnight
Viscount
Viscount

Post by NorthernKnight »

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The early Jetstream does it for me Rick. :excited:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I liked the airframe but not the daft little engines :lol:

I like the J31 :xgrin: ..the 41 was a hideous mistake :'(
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Post by nazca_steve »

I'm with Northern Knight on the Valiant B.2. He beat me to it, but I second that! The black bomber would look great and make a nice addition to FS9 V-force add-ons.

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Nice work Rick, that looks very nice indeed

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

Mouthwatering.
I just imagine a jetstream in "budgie quality"!!
Gentlemen, I will probably never stop playing if you continue like this!!!

Will that be the day to convert to FSX? *-)
Or will there be an FS9 version... :worried:

All the best,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

How about some one buildinga nice 146-100/200/300 for the peoples sim.. FS9 now that would be nice especially if it had a nice VC?? Sadly there is not one out there :(

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

the Jetstream is a fair bit above the quality of the 748 model currently (ask the beta team?) IMHO it is anyway

I have just lost my momentum building the VC in full 3d currently as my Day job is demanding enough of my modelling time.

Main problem with VC is when i went up to Newark to meet Brian I found that the T1 & T2 have no bulkhead between the cockpit and Cabin so it's got to be a full interior
which is not a job i enjoy as it has to look very convicing to work as intended and it may be frame intensive
which i am trying to avoid as i have modelled all the instruments and switches etc in full 3d with animations so it's a hard slog :worried:

But will get back to it soon.

It's got very complex and time consuming to make a full FSX model.

I have no idea why anyone makes FS9 stuff now unless it's because it's 40% of the work ????

FSX is the end of the line and will be with us for years so i see that as the area to develop

hopefully a lot of the luddite fraternity will eventually drop the penny and move over as it runs easily the same speed as FS9 as long as you stop chasing the holy grail of 60 fps which you don't need in FSX

20 in FSX is far smoother than 60 in FS9 as long as you don't try and run with all the sliders maxxed (50% sliders in FSX are far more detail than 100% sliders in FS9) but you just can't convince some people :xgrin: (Tony!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW this is just my opinion (i can run FS9 at 140 fps but it looks poop compared to FSX for me) :thumbsup:
I mainly fly photo scenery in FSX which works far better in FSX than FS9

PS: there are about 4 BAe 146 models on the go so i see no point in doing one currently.
I offered to help Jon complete his but never received a reply so sort of gave up. :hide:

Regards
Rick

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

hopefully a lot of the luddite fraternity will eventually drop the penny and move over
Thats me then Rick :xgrin:
I tried FSX twice and even with the PC I built it still didnt do it for me, yes it runs smooth on my specs but I found too many things that were lost in FS9 annoying, anyway thats another story and the debate will always go on, I think that both have their place and I respect the guys who do not wish to design for FS9 anymore.
You mention 4 146's? I know of only one by Paul Hannity who has not done any further work on it sadly, the others I don't know about??
The Jon Murchison one was promising but sadly I never heard any more from Jon and the later versions at HJG never got built, pity as I was really looking forward to the 100 series.
Have a good crimbo and a great New Year Rick
All the best Tony

PS when my legs work again in the spring..ish maybe a ride out on my black beast to meet up with your Kwacker would be in order :xsmile:

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Tony

The 146's other than the AFG stalled project where seen on the freeflight design forums mate.

Yes i am up for a bike meetup when it's not this cold :thumbsup:

Regards
Rick