RAF Wooden Buildings

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

RAF Wooden Buildings

Post by delticbob »

Hello knowledgeable people :flying:

Its "pick ya brains" time.

I know of Ted Andrews assorted RAF Hangers & other buildings, also Cees Donker's API's from Sim Outhouse - (Don't do API's...I'm only using EX-Scenary). Oh, & yes it is FS9 I am talking about

I am having a crack at, (& its doomed to failure), the area round Eask Kirkby, (X4EK), (the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre, where Lancaster NX611 his housed).

So far I have the T2 hanger & the Watch tower - the former is Cees Donker, but it might 'go' as its green & I want black...I have another I can swap it for but the Cees Donker has opening door's - possibilities for decoration inside the hanger you see. (Stuff FPS :-# )

Anyhow, I am on the look out for wooden huts the like of which populate that site as exhibition buildings. Also I need some decent single story farm buildings to use as Poultry Sheds.

I maight have to use whatever I can get if there is nothing that looks original.

Oh, also :tab: does anyone know if there is either a John Deer tractor out there - or a Queen Mary transporter.....I try avsim etc, but you can guess what I got when I searched Queen Mary :@ .

I want to get a little more done before I start throwing screen shots at you - but if I stick with it, you can bet they'll be coming along :doho:

Any suggestions will be entertained....even ' give up now' :D

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: RAF Wooden Buildings

Post by Filonian »

Hi Bob,

These in the foreground any good to you?

Vintage Military Buildings SS FS9 scenery objects by Sidney Schwartz.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Yes Graham- ideal...missed that set somehow, but I now have them & have sampled a wooden hut texture from somewhere & swapped the two round. Looks smart.

Thanks for the tip.

Bob

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Bob

NorthernKnight (Peter Forster) , has a bunch of RAF style scenery for the Stretton project he's working on, prehaps he can help??

Leif

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

For T2 hangars - not green in colour - please try Avsim for the following files:

Several hangars for FS9 under a series of zips by Ted Andrews including T2s of various patterns. Please note that it is worth looking at the whole series of these zips.

Also at Avsim look for Fs9 zips by Justin Hulme.

Hope that helps

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Thanks.

Version 1 has now given way to version 1 1/2 :dunno:

Finding the above files by Ted Andrews is basically what gave me the idea. My above post was when I was getting to grips with EZ-Scenery.

However I now have Derek Leungs FSSC to allow me to use Cees Donkers macros (from Sim-Outhouse). So the T2 hanger/s will probably be swapped for the Cees Donker ones.

It will be very musch as & when I can do little bits, and when I get more than just a Watch Tower in the scenery I shall post some pix.

Bob

NorthernKnight
Viscount
Viscount

Post by NorthernKnight »

delticbob wrote:
Oh, also :tab: does anyone know if there is either a John Deer tractor out there - or a Queen Mary transporter.....I try avsim etc, but you can guess what I got when I searched Queen Mary :@ .

Bob

Bob - like you I can't understand after all these years why no one's built a 'Queen Mary' as an airfield scenery object!!! :lol:

Not even an Austin K6 crash tender (weep), or a Crossley or a Weeton...

How could a large busy wartime airfield operate without a Coles Crane???

Guess there's still plenty to keep us busy for a few years yet :) :) :)

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Bob

Dave Molyneuax has a Queen Mary he did that is sitting next to the hangar in the Rearsby scenery

drop a note over at ClassicBritishFiles and you might get lucky :)

Leif

trainfan5
Viscount
Viscount

Post by trainfan5 »

Hiya,

I had one of these in the works originally (a East Kirkby Scenery). I don't think I got very far with regards to texturing the buildings but I know I had it done bar buildings in FSX :S I'll dig out my old screenies and see if I still have the old files on my external hard drive :S I can send over some screen shots of where I got with it if that would help you?

Jon

EDIT: Found out the last set of shots taken for the FSX and it was nearly done bar the buildings needing texturing. Looks better than I remembered but I can't look at it now as I don't have FSX installed anymore :( FS9, I'm not too sure but I'll look at it later to see how far that got.

Jon
UKFlightsim: 'Quality, not Quantity' http://ukflightsim.freeforums.org

NorthernKnight
Viscount
Viscount

Post by NorthernKnight »

DispatchDragon wrote:Bob

Dave Molyneuax has a Queen Mary he did that is sitting next to the hangar in the Rearsby scenery

drop a note over at ClassicBritishFiles and you might get lucky :)

Leif
Thanks Leif! ;)