Treescapes UK

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Treescapes UK

Post by Tweek »

The price is what's stopping me from buying it, too. Doesn't sit well with me that I will have spent well over £100 on just getting the UK to look right (UK2000 and GenX, plus Treescapes on top of that), and even then, there won't be autogen buildings. So it still won't be right!

And I'm not sure I subscribe to the whole idea of 'not many people will buy it, so we have to put the price up to cover the costs of development'. Surely if the price is lower, then more people will be inclined to buy it, and indeed you'd latch on to the impulse buy market. A couple of years back I thought about AlphaSim after their then recent increase in prices. I'd bought one of their aircraft at the time, the Tornado, for about £20-25, and that's because I really wanted a Tornado. Couldn't justify paying that for many of their other aircraft though - ones that I just had a passing fancy for. Had they stuck to their original plan, by releasing cheap aircraft around the £10-15 mark, I worked out I probably would have spent upwards of £80-90 in their shop, as I'd have looked at say, the Scimitar, or Sabre, and thought "£10 is a great price, I think I'll have that". Can't take that approach when you're going to be spending the best part of £50 on an addon, I'm afraid.

Darren
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Darren »

Hi
And I'm not sure I subscribe to the whole idea of 'not many people will buy it, so we have to put the price up to cover the costs of development'
We haven't "put the price up" Tweek, What I was saying above ( perhaps not very well) was that we've kept the price as low as we possibly can already.

Edit: Here's a short video made by Colin Gronow that he posted on the ES forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyufikr9bVo

Kind regards
Darren

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

I like the look of the trees but will have to wait for a while.
Being out of work due to the recession so have to count the pennies.
Just hope all these add-ons will be available if (when, when!) I get back into work.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

DogTailRed2 wrote:I like the look of the trees but will have to wait for a while.
Being out of work due to the recession so have to count the pennies.
Just hope all these add-ons will be available if (when, when!) I get back into work.

Hope that is very soon DTR2 :thumbsup:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.