New FS2004 Canberra WIP thread

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Re: New FS2004 Canberra WIP thread

Post by Chris Sykes »

Tweek wrote:Consider me a very happy bunny if there's ever an FSX conversion!

And even if there isn't, that looks like a fine model. I admire the wide range of variants in the pipeline, too. :)
Me too!!! FSX could do with a Cranberry!!! :excited:

SamRo
Comet
Comet

Post by SamRo »

Looks Fantastic! im hopeing for a FSX port at some point.. but very cool as is!!!

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

nazca_steve wrote:Lol, non-civil? She's VERY civil! Sorry had to get that in. Well, we're on opposite sides of the fence then, seeing as I don't touch much without a roundel on it, but that's great the Canberra might tempt you over (to the dark side). She's well worth it - the unsung hero of the UK aviation industry in my opinion and heavily used worldwide.
:hide: :hide: :hide:

Erm... so there's a suitable passenger address text included in the manual??

:guinn: ,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

SamRo
Comet
Comet

Post by SamRo »

"Rolls-Royce of course used the Canberra with Avon trials. As mentioned, the fourth A.1 prototype was used for Avon RA.2 tests until it was lost in a crash in 1951. The second production B.2 was used by Rolls-Royce to test RA.3, RA.7, RA.14, RA.26, and finally RA.29 Avons, the last providing 46.8 kN (4,770 kgp / 10,500 lbf). Two other B.2s were used to evaluate non-afterburning Avons, while a fourth was used to test afterburning Avons -- first the RA.7R, then the RA.14R, and finally the RA.24R used on the English Electric Lightning interceptor, with 50.1 kN (5,110 kgp / 11,250 lbf) dry thrust and 64.4 kN (6,560 kgp / 14,430 lbf) afterburning thrust each. This machine was likely the most powerful Canberra ever flown. "

Have to have a look for some pics of that!! must be worth consideration for modeling! ;)

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Post by nazca_steve »

Morning chaps,

yes, this is indeed the story with the Canberra, over 60 years of service and you have a lot of variants, sub variants and odd ball experiments that could all make for some very enjoyable models to fly. I've toyed with doing the afterburner Avon test bed model, but no immediate plans - got way too many others to do first! I am however doing the DH Spectre rocket powered version of the B.1 (VN813) so that should be fun to test out. This is akin to the Double Scorpion motor that is more mainstream.

Anyway, FSX ports, it seems the interest is growing... :worried: Erk, this might result in some dodgy experiments in the Dark Side for me. :OB:

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

WhisperJet wrote:
Erm... so there's a suitable passenger address text included in the manual??

:guinn: ,

Nick
Hmm, no plans for that, other than stand well clear of the engines upon start up unless you want a sooty face! I am however toying with the idea of 60s era hostesses in short skirts. ;)

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Graham
nazca_steve wrote:
I am however toying with the idea of 60s era hostesses in short skirts. ;)
'Ang on whilst I clean me specs Steve!!

Waiting patiently for this one. :thumbsup:
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

Good man, Graham, I knew the mention of short skirts would 'peak some interests'! And on that note, at total risk of diverging from my own thread, I stumbled upon a rather nice (yet tasteful, fret not, unless you're at work) photo series of the lovely Lucy Pinder from 2007. Being an ex-pat now, I tend to miss things from Blighty by a few years, but if you did too, enjoy this. All done in the name of 'Save the Nose Art' which was right up my alley:

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthrea ... Save_Aerop

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

nazca_steve wrote: I am however toying with the idea of 60s era hostesses in short skirts. ;)
photo series of the lovely Lucy Pinder from 2007
:lol: :lol:

Okay, so that'll be civil(ised) enough for me.
Bookmarked the thread to stay tuned for up-dates.

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

I stumbled upon a rather nice (yet tasteful, fret not, unless you're at work) photo series of the lovely Lucy Pinder from 2007
Ah caramba! For whatever reasons, Ms. Pinder is not a household name on this side of the pond. Sure wish she was!

Anyhow...I've been following the Canberra progress from your postings over at the SOH. Looks utterly fantastic. Keep up the great work, Steve. Really looking forward to this one!
Mark