Student Artist and animator

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jimmybrick
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Student Artist and animator

Post by jimmybrick »

Hi there im James im currently studying art and animation in cpu game development and i have recently just got into flight sims where i have come across this link if there are any devs/designers or artists that would like a junior artist please feel free to think of me I have access to the autodesk suite inc max, maya, motion builder, softimage, mudbox and photoshop and consider myself to be a quick study however all my work has to be on a non-commercial contract due to lisence restrictions on the software but any work taken would greatly improve my portfolio.

yours greatfully

James Hicks
aka Jimmybrick

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Student Artist and animator

Post by DaveB »

Hi James and welcome to the forum :)

Sri the uptake (and welcome) seems to have been slow but I guess we're all a bit surprised/shocked/dumbfounded :-O

Tks VM for the offer. Should nothing come of your post here, I'm sure we all wish you the very best in your chosen career ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

jimmybrick
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by jimmybrick »

cheers dude always nice to be greeted and im sure something will come of it one day i just dont want to end up a game artist who only creates FPS's when there is so much more out there I mean we are still in great need of a decent combat flight sim that doesnt comprimise reality by adding easy handling and silly weapon systems

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Post by nazca_steve »

Hi Jimmy,

seeing as things seem pretty quiet, you might want to start off at Free Flight Design Shop - you can offer your services, maybe find a mentor, and at the very least there is a huge amount you can learn on there in terms of development:

http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Best of luck,

Steve

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

Well, I'm a newbie here myself,...but... being cheeky as I am; could you make me an Airspeed Ambassador then!??!?! I could paypal you ;)))(bribing is not permitted, I guess ;))just kidding, dont take me serious...looking forward to what you may come up with ;)
rui