A job well done......

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: A job well done......

Post by DispatchDragon »

Rich

Really excellent piece of video as a training aid... he kept his cool and saved his own life. I see why he chose that particular field - it had a farm at the end of it. Also again kudo's to the Carlisle Controller who
already had two other aircraft in the area looking for him.

Cheers and if you know the gent through "Yakking" I would say he deserves more than a pint.

Leif

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Astounding video, thanks for posting Rich.

Nigel²

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/factor200414.pdf

Mmm.........!!, perhaps they should look into their servicing procedures.
It's better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground
RAF & Allied Air forces WWII Monument

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

DaveB wrote:I must have watched that flight vid this morning at the same time the rest of the world was looking in and for it's entire length, it would be viewable for say 5secs then buffer for 5secs 8) I would've given up under normal circumstances but I wanted to see the end! :lol:
Same here. Least the pilot survived .

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

petec wrote:http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/factor200414.pdf

Mmm.........!!, perhaps they should look into their servicing procedures.
Interesting to have had two major accidents with the aircraft like that. In the US, we do have prescribed maintenance procedures for the pneumatic systems - the original maintenance manual for all aircraft equipped with those (which includes just about every Soviet-derived aircraft I've seen over here to include the Aero L-29 and L-39, Nanchangs, MiG's, and Mil's) prescribes certain inspections to be done to ensure they are in good shape. As they're sealed, they're not easily inspected internally, but there are other Non-Destructive Testing methods available and reasonable in cost to monitor corrosion. Not only that, but they're pretty easy to replace when needed anyway, so if in doubt, you simply slap another one on and send yours out for inspection.

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Prop Jockey »

Hi Leif,

Yeah it's a great training aid isn't it ! I do know the guy involved and he gives a fascinating narrative to accompany the video as well !

Cheers

Rich

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Excellent example of keeping calm in a high pressure situation. Also a good example of why practicing and planning for in-flight emergencies is a must for any pilot.