Rapide Resources

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Pricetx
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Rapide Resources

Post by Pricetx »

Hi. I've been flying the DH89 for a little while for the VA but have been missing a couple of small things which would make my life a bit easier.

First thing. Does anybody have an FSNav profile for the DH89? At the moment i'm just using a quickly customised Cessna Skyhawk profile which is far from ideal :lol:

Also, does anybody have a checklist for the DH89? It comes with a reference file but a checklist would be nice to give me some sort of basic structure to my checks :).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jonathan.
Jonathan Price

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Rapide Resources

Post by DaveB »

Hi Jon..

Here's mine..

[VA Rapide]
withoutash=1
climbspeed=90
climbfuel=56
climbrate=500
cruisespeed=102
cruisefuel=56
cruisealtitude=1500
descentspeed=65
descentfuel=1
descentrate=500
fuelmeasure=2
revision=3

I can't remember doing a checklist for it and I don't think DG did one either *-) I tend to make sure my lights are on, the flaps are up then open the gas :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tango234
Viscount
Viscount

Post by tango234 »

I can't remember doing a checklist for it and I don't think DG did one either I tend to make sure my lights are on, the flaps are up then open the gas
Same as mine, except I have two more...

door shut, and parkng brakes off :lol:

Pricetx
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Pricetx »

Never forgetting the all important loading fuel before taking off :lol: . I seem to always forget that one :doh:

EDIT:

Just reading through that FSNav entry, do you really fly as low as 1500 feet? I usually take it up to 5000

Jon
Jonathan Price

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Jon..

Yes mate.. there isn't much need to go a great deal higher unless you're up on the Scottish Division and then, there's always a greater need for terrain avoidance. That said.. I'm still generally only 1500-2000ft above the deck even though my alt above SL can be much greater ;) Nowt wrong going higher I guess but with a recommended cruise of 2100rpm.. the tradeoff in speed is too much for me to stand. 90kias is as slow as I like to go :lol:
In reality, there were/are 2 different props you can fit to a Rapide.. one with a coarse pitch and the other with a fine pitch. One gives a better takeoff perf (and thus a better takeoff weight) and t'other gives a better top speed. I'm not sure how this could be modelled in FS but ours will not reach the sort of 'typical' speed given the rpm max constant so I've always worked on our model being the slower but heavier version. I only gave this some thought again recently.. then decided to leave well alone :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

2,000 or below would be right for a Rapide in those conditions *-)

Dave.....the way for the two props would be separate air files/cfg, so in effect there would need to be another package.

The question then is whether or not it's worth it a due to FS not being exactly accurate...probably not :dunno:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :hello:

Yes.. I'd considered that and at the same time.. the 'FSA' requirement for MAX EVERYTHING kept poking me in the eye too :lol: That's the main reason I didn't pursue it further ;) I have probably more data on the Rapide than any other single aircraft. I love it. I love everything about it. Don't ask me why.. I just do. I love the look.. I love the shape.. I love the sound.. I love to fly in the real one.. it's one of the very few things that leaves the ground under power and ticks all the boxes. It's slow (by todays standards).. it has some really horrible ground handling idiosyncracies that require the RW pilot to have 3 hands.. it will 'wing-over' or 'nose over' with ease even in experienced hands in vaguely marginal circumstances unless treated with respect and so the list goes on.

Oh dear.. I think I've 'gone on' a bit :lol: I looked in the aircraft.cfg and didn't see anything obvious with regard to prop pitch so it's either somewhere deep in the airfile or not there at all. X9 is the fine pitch prop with improved T/O perf and t'other is X4.. the coarse pitch speed merchant :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage