FSX - Vulcan VX770

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: FS2004 - Vulcan B1 VX770 on Simviation

Post by Garry Russell »

Thge 3D model is available at Simviation...that's what started this thread :lol:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

As in the gmax or whatever the mesh format is in and the necessary programme to view it and check measurements. Neither of which I have. :)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Ah!!!...I get you now :lol:
Garry

dougs
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dougs »

Thanks for the feedback I will update the model when I get my new laptop up and running the model is in FSDS which I can measure but don't have any good scale drawings to go off I will trawl some photos and use them to scale the model better. And further feedback gladly accepted many thanks Doug

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

dougs wrote:Thanks for the feedback I will update the model when I get my new laptop up and running the model is in FSDS which I can measure but don't have any good scale drawings to go off I will trawl some photos and use them to scale the model better. And further feedback gladly accepted many thanks Doug
Doug,

Couple of links that might be useful for you.

http://studysupport.info/vulcanbomber/tech_specs.htm

http://www.wingweb.co.uk/gallery/11/Avr ... mages.html

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk ... allery.php

http://www.2av8.co.uk/index.htm

I'll also have a dig through my references at home this evening; I have a lot of the old Hall Park Warpaint series, can't remember if I had the one for the Vulcan; IF I have, I'll scan the plans section for you.

dougs
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dougs »

thanks for the info esp the last page the pic work very well as scaled backgrounds i have redone the tail
looks loads better :cheers:

Hooky722
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Hooky722 »

This Looks fantastic I'm very excited about this one I've been after a B.1 for fs9 so long and there just isn't one!! I think the only observation I would offer is the same as Darren pointed out about the cockpit dome. I agree it could do with slimming down at the sides and being a bit more tear shaped. Also if it helps I was browsing through one of my books the other day and the B.1's nose leg was longer than the B.2 giving it a slightly nose high attitude this was done to compensate for the low(er) power of the RR Olympus 101's I cant tell from your screens whether you re way ahead of me on that one but it is noticeable in the b/w photo of XA897 that Darren posted earlier.

Regards

Hooky

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

This isn't a B1 but a prototype :worried:
Garry

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

Garry's right VX770 and VX777 the two prototypes has the straight leading edge and the pointed tail, although it would seem that the very earliest B1's looked almost identical..

http://www.avrovulcan.org.uk/unknown/890.htm

Kind regards

John
never give up, never surrender

dougs
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dougs »

XA890 also had the non kinked wing until it was modified so 3 in total of this type, however I can add a kinked wing B1 model if anyone would like to have that aswell I will slim down the cockpit hood have just had a great day of reserch watching Vulcan XM655 do her stuff down the runway at wellesbourne took loads of photos to help ;)
Edit;
The first few Vulcan b1's were 52deg sweep wings and later modified to the kinked leading edge there were at least 4 2 off which were production aircraft (XA890 & XA889) the former being the one that got rolled at farnborough in 1955 only the production aircraft had the extended nose leg, looking at what was added to the production aircraft I think the model will have to stay at the prototype for now as the production B1 had a longer body longer nose wheel and a bomb aim blister. For now I will concentrate on getting the current model right and then adding to the fleet when that's been done.