FSX - Vulcan VX770

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FS2004 - Vulcan B1 VX770 on Simviation

Post by delticbob »

Garry Russell wrote:Hi Bob :hello:

From what I read a couple or so posts above it's now FS.X *-)
That explains a lot.

No probs....I will file it away in my FSX drawer as I don't have it on the system...awaiting an upgrade.

Sorry Doug, I can't help you then, but it looks good.

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

John
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FSX - Vulcan VX770

Post by John »

I read the thread and loaded the aircraft, that's a shame, no screenie from me, I'm FS9 only. Sorry :S

Kind regards

John
never give up, never surrender

dougs
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dougs »

Sorry guys but at the moment can't compile in fs9 will look into it :cpu:
Note; I want to do an fs9 version as I can animate it FSX is a nightmare so I will look into it

dougs
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dougs »

ok had another look at the model compliling with makemdl and cannot complie it using my virtual machine for some reason it crashes the software yet will comple without errors on windows 7 and xtomdl :dunno: so i am going to complete the FSX version instead of wasting any more time on the software bugs i am sorry for the people still on fs9 but i cant get it to work :rant: :(( at least i can then finish it at last and have a fully working plane.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Doug :hello:

Are you checking Ignore bad triggers and Ignore bad normal??

That is often the reson you can't compile in MakeMDL.if unchecked aheck them and see if you can
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

dougs
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dougs »

hi Garry i have had a go and it still crashes something very odd going on no idea what the issue is at the moment error report says syntax error so its obviously something fundimental thats gone wrong with the model as my old version works fine and compiles without errors :(( when i get 5 mins i will start to remove parts from the model till i find the offending part and then look at fixing it but time is against me at the moment as i am very busy at work :wall: thanks for the tip btw didnt think about exporting the model and compiling it :thumbsup:

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I've had compiling problems for FS9 with Gmax when the polygon count has gone over the magic 64K - but this value also includes animations, so I had to remove unviewable animations in either the exterior or interior models to achieve a compile - my Proctors did that as there are a lot of little bits that animate on it. Check the log file. Not sure if FSX has the same problem though.
HTH
Keith

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Doug

Make sure there are no spaces in the X file name

MakeMdl will not like that

Change the name to something simple like VX770.x and see if that makes any difference.

If nothing else it will quickly eliminate that potential problem
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

dougs
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dougs »

ok had a quick play and started to delete parts untill it compiled in the hope i would find the issue however i deleted loads of the model and it only compiled when there were a few parts left which is odd almost like all the parts have errors and when it goes beyond the 100 errors it fails

Hooky722
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Hooky722 »

Hi all

Just wondering on the current status on the project haven't had a chance to take a look at the FSDS file myself yet due to a system failure but should be up and running again in a few days has anyone else had any joy?

Kindest Regards

Hooky