Chippy versions

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jimbo27
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Chippy versions

Post by Jimbo27 »

Good afternoon,

I'm dabbling with repainting. I did my first one on a default FSX scheme, on DDS files, and that seemed to go ok.

Then I've tried one using Rick Piper's Chippy, (mainly because I enjoy flying it but also because it was bmp files) I couldn't get it to work and it was driving me mad, I compared the entry in the aircraft cfg file and it all looked ok. Then I realised that for some reason although I have 15 chippy schemes in the chippy folder, only 12 display as options to choose in-game? Could Rick or anyone else give me a clue?

Thanks,

Jim

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Chippy versions

Post by DaveG »

Hi Jim,

If they are not showning in the selection menu, then the problem probably lies in the aircraft.cfg.

Can you post the [fltsim.x] sections than we can have a look.
Dave G.

Jimbo27
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jimbo27 »

Excellent! Thanks for that!

Because it was my first go I was assuming that I'd done the conversion wrong in some way. I had checked the config and compared the aircraft and couldn't see a problem. Only when I stood back that i realised that there is a jump in the aircraft number being referenced, flightsim.1, flightsim.2 etc. Once I made sure the numbers were sequential, all was well!

Thanks.

Jim

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

Hi Jim,

After the first 12 schemes Rick lost count and jumped one so the sequence goes ...11,12,14,15...

In the aircraft.cfg you just need to re-number those textures after [fltsim.12] and the other schemes will magically appear!

Best,

Myles

Jimbo27
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jimbo27 »

Cheers Myles, yeah, that is what I figured in the end. :)