H&S goes mad again....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DelP
The Gurus

H&S goes mad again....

Post by DelP »

'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

steelsporran
VC10
VC10

Re: H&S goes mad again....

Post by steelsporran »

8) 8) Indeed.
It's about time H&S tackled a real issue like the use of live ammunition in fighting. Whatever happened to "Bang,bang! You're dead"?
steelsporran

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

As it happens H&S is in the news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14634289
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

H&S is a load of bollocks and it's getting out of hand. At work we have all sorts of stupid rules and we are not even allowed a kettle in the break room FFS! Funny enough though they wasn't that bothered when I got an electric shock off one of the strappex machines, they just said it was static and told me to get back to work. It was only when I brought my multimeter in and showed them it had 120v ac with about 4 amps going through the casing that they took action.

They have also recently brought into effect a rule where if you are using the forklift, you have to wear a high visibility jacket.... Never mind that the forklift is bright yellow with a big flashing light on the roof, if you ain't got your high viz on people might not see you! :rant:

Funny though as after being cocooned all day in h&s, when it's time to go I jump on the motorbike and play with some cars on the way home :lol: well until they ban that too!
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

But is it H&S

As the article say it's being used as an excuse to impose silly rules on people, just like Government impose reducions in freedom and more control over individuals lives under the interests of national securtiy banner.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

:lol:

I like that ;)

H&S at work has got past a joke, the screw tightens everytime some numpty does something stupid. On the way in you pass a full length mirror with a placard above that states 'This person is responsible for your safety' Thanks for that but I left infant school a long time ago 8) 8)

The day after an incident there will be a brief at start of shift:

'Colleagues are reminded that they shouldn't stick their heads under the rear wheels of a big heavy truck whilst it is reversing. Should you need further advice or guidance on this matter please ask your team manager....'

Derek :lol: :lol:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals