Jimmy Savile is dead

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Jimmy Savile is dead

Post by Chris558 »

He was certainly a 'one off' character - remember seeing him on a Louis Theroux documentry about him. A bit of a loner, but that made him special. I'll miss him. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15507374

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Jimmy Savile is dead

Post by Paul K »

Rest in peace, Sir Jimmy.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Very sad.In 1965 the young girl who was to become my future wife(and still is!) and I were on a weeks holiday in Scarborough with her parents.Twice during that week we happened upon Jimmy Saville on the prom.He had bought his mother an apartment there and used to visit her.He had a red E type Jaguar at the time.Being young and impressionable we were somewhat awestruck but I remember him as a very approachable and friendly man.May he rest in peace.EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

I can't say that I was a fan of his in the sense that I found his DJing and TV style pretty irritating.

BUT he was one of the most famous and presumably richest celebrities of his day and he used that fame to raise £20 million for charity especially the Stoke Mandeville Spinal injuries unit whilst doing a lot of hands on voluntary work there. THAT deserves the greatest respect.

R.I.P. Sir Jimmy

Jon

I suppose I'll have to give up hoping that he might yet Fix It for me to fly in a Harrier.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Jon.M wrote:I suppose I'll have to give up hoping that he might yet Fix It for me to fly in a Harrier.
Same for me with regards to driving a rally car. :S

He did Fix It for two of my first wife's cousins to appear on the 'Generation Game' when they were wee kids. They made quite a haul too as they were presented with everything on the conveyor belt at the end of the show (including TWO cuddly toys! :lol: ).
Larry