Straight Talking

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Straight Talking

Post by GHD »

FlyTexas wrote:Oh gawd, a thread like that would likely crash the server. :lol: :lol: It would be a lot of fun though. ;)

Brian
I thought it had when I couldn't access the forum for the last couple of hours :lol:
George

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

I saw him give a speech in Weymouth last year, why is he not the PM? :dunno:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Maybe I should vote UKIP... :worried:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I saw him give a speech in Weymouth last year, why is he not the PM?
I didn't want to respond to this thread but.. in response to the quote above.. he's not the PM because he's a complete tw@t. Look at that footage again and note how many times he looks at the camera. That's not passion, it's not conviction either.. far from it IMHO. There are a good many politicians out there who talk the talk and appear quite reasonable, honest, genuine folk given the right circumstances. Ken Livingstone is one such bloke. OK, he's odd but get him in the right situation talking about things we all feel strongly about and he can come over as a champion of the people.. someone you'd vote for. See him in power and you get what you reap! 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

I guess that we don't agree then Dave! :'(

Neville

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Trouble is reality kicks in when they do become PM, before that its idealism. All tarred wi' same brush, in the end unfortunately.
Keith ( G.O.S.)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I guess that we don't agree then Dave!
We do and we don't Nev. I'm not saying folk shouldn't speak their minds.. I've gone through life telling it like it is but there are ways of doing things. I think we'd all agree that the EU isn't to our liking and the eurocrats aren't trusted as far as we could throw em but for all his blether, he is one such eurocrat. I consider his actions on camera were completely and utterly disrespectful and frankly, embarrassing. It's obvious that many do not and they're entitled to their opinion. Mr F is very probably a good man in a street fight but as a diplomat, his skills leave a lot to be desired. This said.. few MP's are skilled enough to carry that sort of tirade off with any dignity or authority but we've had them in the past and I'm sure we'll have them in the future.. thin on the ground as they'll be ;) The majority, from what I can see fall into two camps.. wimps and cranks. I fear Mr F falls nicely into the latter ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

DaveB wrote: I consider his actions on camera were completely and utterly disrespectful and frankly, embarrassing. It's obvious that many do not and they're entitled to their opinion. ATB

Disrespectful to whom ? Embarrassing to whom ? He is not there to show respect , but to represent his constituents, and that was precisely what he was doing

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

To be honest Chris, I was embarrassed that he was a representative of this country let alone his constituency. Each to their own ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

In between his holier than though rants down the years he found time to blag £2m in expenses from the EU parliament he pretends to despise. When found out he retrospectively claimed that it was "to prove a point" - that he could get away with it?

How did he make his money before becoming a shady politician? He was a commodity broker, which is not that unrelated to the financiers he now chooses to lambast.

I do not believe for an instant that the EU, the EU parliament or the financiers are fault free, but this rude braying self-important bully of a public schoolboy is a sorry advertisement for the Englishman abroad. He almost makes our Alec Salmond appear likeable in comparison.