This is rather nice...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

This is rather nice...

Post by petermcleland »

...to watch and listen to:-

http://www.petermcleland.com/powerpoint ... mAlive.pps

You must have Microsoft's Powerpoint to view it...A free download of

Powerpoint Viewer can be obtained here:-

http://tinyurl.com/3ywowm

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: This is rather nice...

Post by Filonian »

Enjoyed that very much Peter. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thank you Graham...Can I assume that the music played for you OK? And did you use the PowerPoint program or the PowerPoint Viewer?

Thanks for any feedback Graham as I have been unable to fit music to my own presentations, actually inside the .pps file. The only way I have achieved music attachment is with separate music files downloaded and placed in the same folder as the .pps file with links in the pictures. If it has worked OK for you then I must try to find out how to do it.

I did notice that the song did become slightly out of synch with the captions at times :)

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Excellent Peter.Music played fine.Superb images.I didn't need to download Powerpoint viewer.
ps,my wife loved that song and wondered sings it.Best Wishes EricT :thumbsup:
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Tomliner wrote:Excellent Peter.Music played fine.Superb images.I didn't need to download Powerpoint viewer.
Thanks Eric...It is helpful to know that the music played for you in PowerPoint. I hope to find out if it works in the Viewer as well.

I liked the song as well but don't know who is singing it.

Roy Morris, an old friend from both 266 and 208 Squadrons sent me the name of it from South Africa. However, the name was not a live pointer and google threw up a lot of stuff but it was hard to get a pointer to a working download...So, to share it, I decided to upload it to my site :)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Thanks for the song & the show Peter. I saw & heard it in Power point programme & apart from a couple in the middle, all seemed in sync for me.
Very nice photos, especially of the 3 Spits - the one in the middle WKW SL721, was disassembled by my father in the late 70's at Blackbushe, had it shipped to Phoenix, Arizona, where he re-assembled her for Woodson K Woods. He was due to go out the following year (1979) to replace a radiator, but suffered a heart attack & died. I believe the Spit is now in Canada.
Keith

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Dev One wrote:Thanks for the song & the show Peter. I saw & heard it in Power point programme & apart from a couple in the middle, all seemed in sync for me.
Very nice photos, especially of the 3 Spits - the one in the middle WKW SL721, was disassembled by my father in the late 70's at Blackbushe, had it shipped to Phoenix, Arizona, where he re-assembled her for Woodson K Woods. He was due to go out the following year (1979) to replace a radiator, but suffered a heart attack & died. I believe the Spit is now in Canada.
Keith
How interesting Keith, I bet he enjoyed doing all that work. How sad that he missed that trip at the end of his time.

The chap who sent that to me from South Africa trained in the Royal Rhodesian Air Force on Spitfire 22s:-

Roy Morris is the shortest chap, fourth from the right. Second from the right is Wally Hinricks and third from the right is Bernard DuPlessis (owner of this picture). All three of these Rhodesians were posted to 266 (Rhodesia) Squadron in Germany, when the joined the RAF, so I have known them for many years and still keep in touch with Roy and "Dup" :)

Blister
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Blister »

Tomliner wrote:Excellent Peter.Music played fine.Superb images.I didn't need to download Powerpoint viewer.
Eeeek I know that! :rock:

Celine Dion - "I'm Alive"

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/celinedion/imalive.html

Adrian
If the good old days were as bad as today - then we are up to our necks in it!

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Just had chance to pop back on and seen your post Peter. For some reason I'm not getting the usual notifications.

I'm afraid I only watched the pictures with no sound, and yes, I used Powerpoint. Didn't want to disturb my son who was trying to get some sleep before travelling bqack to Filton.

Will watch again with sound tomorrow.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

SL721 - well spotted.

Immediate impression that I recall seeing that. Indeed I noted it at Beaulieu Motor Museum on 18th June 1965 (yes 47 years ago).

A quick check on the web confirms this and I remember it being in the pale blue colour shown in one of the pictures (now what was I doing last week?).

http://www.jerrybilling.com/Jerry%20Bil ... 0SL721.htm

Thanks for making me look all that up :thumbsup:

Ian