California Classics

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

California Classics

Post by cstorey »

Does anyone know what has happened to this splendid site? When I try to get in, I am denied access with a password being demanded

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: California Classics

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris..

Things have been happening with CC over the last week mate. I visited there last Sun or Mon and when I tried again on Wed, IE8 said it couldn't connect. I tried Firefox and that reported a timeout. I tried a new build Win7 pc and couldn't get in either. All the time, Garry was able to get in! I contacted my ISP and got a crap reply first time from a chap saying he could get into that and a-n-other site I was trying to access.. 4shared.com. I sent a snotty note back and got a reply from a difference 'service' bloke saying he couldn't get into either site from his pc or via 3G. I tried both again on Thursday, same thing. Tried again Fri night on the offchance and got in to both straight away. Not sure if this is the same thing you're seeing. I could view the CC proboards at all times but the front page, no.

Whether this is CC or a rogue gateway playing up somewhere I really don't know *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Just tried it and got straight in using IE8.Didn't try Firefox. *-) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Just had a quick nose over there and no one is reporting issues.

As Dave mentioned we went through this the other night, he could not get in I had no issues. *-)

Not sporadic either it was all the time for me and never for him. :dunno:

***EDIT***

I've posted over they mentioning this pointing out that no one else has but of course they may be others but they can't get in to post.

Anyhow I've asked if there are any ideas

Nothing else I can think of at the moment
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

4 replies all say there is no problem that end but a couple have had similar experiences on other site

The usual cookie dump and browser/computer change was suggested

One hasn't been able to get into SOH for a year and thinks his IP has bee blacklisted by spam, a situation that Dave considered the other night.

Confirmed...Cal Classics is OK...although that doesn't help here much :(
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's an odd one isn't it *-)

Worth noting that although I couldn't get into the front page for the downloads (calclassic.com) I could get into their forums everytime. I tried 3 different pc's running 3 variations of OS.. XPsp2, XPsp3 and Win7 Ultimate 64. One bloke at Plusnet got into both, another couldn't get into either (that's calclassic.com and 4shared.com). Where's the logic in that :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Well, Thanks to Dave and others for the information . I am still locked out but I have not yet tried Firefox, so I shall do so

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

Its a system issue, not a browser one. Their forum is hosted at proboards, and the proboards settings havent changed. It would appear that the DNS settings for the domain "calclassic.com" have changed and this may take up to 48 hours to propagate arround the internet (depending on when the last change was made). Their forum is calclassic.proboards.com and the domain proboards.com hasnt had any changes, hence why that was always available. It will vary from ISP to ISP arround the globe as to how quickly it sorts itself out and you might need to clear your temporary internet files. ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage