BAe146 / Avro RJ

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: BAe146 / Avro RJ

Post by DaveB »

Yo troops :hello:

Yup.. after you mentioned it earlier, I had a quick look and saw they deploy the airbrake as they cross the threshold. As for the model.. if you have the airbrake open as your wheels hit the deck, the lift dumpers auto deploy ;) It didn't help me much at Vienna I'm afraid.. -312fpm isn't what you'd call a greaser :worried: :lol: I'll play ball and keep practising though ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. I've broken my record landing at Brest.. -580fpm :lol: This airbrake lark isn't a great deal of fun.. not helped by the RJ not following the ILS particularly well. Never mind.

Another note..
After several 'correct' fuel loads, it went pear shaped for the flight out of Brest. I'm not sure but it may have been caused by retarding the time. Flight in was from Stansted and return followed at a suitable time. For want of somewhere different to go, I chose the Birmingham flight which needed the time being put back 30mins. FOB listed in previous pirep as 2099kg which was correct. Fuel offered as tanked for the Brest-Brum flight listed as 2015kg.. a loss of 84kg. I tanked up with 2550 plus the 2015 offered and got 4560. I should have course have had over 5t. It's now reporting 1761 on the block at BHX. The anoying thing is that the pirep for this last flight shows I had 2099kg onboard.. it shows I bought 2550 but the fuel used is artificially high as I didn't start with 2099.. the client reported 2015!

La-de-dar 8)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

Hello chaps,

have just added this to my fleet having returned to FS after a period away. Undoubtedly the best payware aircraft I have. Very smooth on my modest set up with good framerates, even in the VC! Can't wait for the 146 with analogue cockpit and UK paints.

Best wishes

Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Nige :hello:

Yup.. it's good innit :lol: Having sat and watched my Debonair 146-200 dvd while making my way to Dusseldorf this evening, it could be argued that some of the procedures/events are elongated, some a little short but it all seems to be there :) Can't wait for the 146's either ;) One very noticeable difference between the model and the dvd is that the model has already started to rotate when you hear the voice call showing it's over trimmed. I've got into the habit of late of de-trimming before the takeoff roll to stop it 'flying off' on it's own :) The pilot does the rotating on the real one ;) A minor niggle and easily corrected :cpu:

BTW.. the fuel you don't see indicated on the PED is actually in feeder tanks.. so the story goes. This wasn't from the dvd.. it's from the QW website :worried: Actual tank volume is shown on the OHP.. if you can read what it is off the dials 8)

The good thing about it is there's enough to get your teeth into.. the Lite and Standard setups available at the click of a button is a great idea and something more developers should consider :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Well, the paint kit's been released, so I thought I'd take a look at it ;)

Yes, I know it's not the correct model, and it doesn't have all the lumps and bumps :hide: but I wanted a simple scheme to try the kit out on.
Quite a well designed paint kit actually.
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thats stunning :thumbsup:

Seeing as you seem to have mastered it so quickly, how about (In order of preference) :lol:

Titan Airways

BAe House colours

FlyBe

Pretty Please :thumbsup: :worried:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

PS, Here is the RAF one, pre lumps and bumps... (I know its a 146 not an RJ)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air ... 2453d40627

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air ... 2453d40627

Still cant find a photo of the Qinetiq ones in their new paint, not sure if they'be been painted yet :dunno:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Works for me :rock:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Hi chaps :hello:

I'll do a couple more, but I don't want to mass produce liveries as 1) I'm really waiting for the FSX version, and 2) most are for the 146 rather than the RJ and may well become available when the 146 is released.
Dave G.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi DG

Is your shot taken in FSX/P3D ?

or in FS9

Regards
Rick