For P3D and FSUIPC owners

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

For P3D and FSUIPC owners

Post by Paul K »

I've been looking through Peter Dowson's support forum, but I thought I would ask the general question here;- is any one using the full registered version of FSUIPC with P3D, and are there any issues with it ? Don't need any great detail, just a general 'yes it works as normal' ( or otherwise ) will do. :)

I think I will migrate to P3D this autumn and lay FSX to rest. I'm hearing too many good things about P3D not to.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: For P3D and FSUIPC owners

Post by TSR2 »

It IS good Paul, Very good, but if you've a fully a fully populated FSX, especially with the new REX essential etc Id say it would be a very brave man to move and stop using FSX.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ben, I know what you mean, and I must be honest and say I'm starting to find all the graphics tweeking / add-on installing & uninstalling / config editing /manual reading etc a little tedious. Lately, all my flight simming sessions seem to be taken up by this and moving over to P3D will just add to it, I suppose. However, if I do it bit by bit, or rather add-on by add-on, over a period of months, I should be able to retain my sanity. And there are add-ons in the pipeline which I will delay getting until they can go straight into P3D.

Do you have FSUIPC Ben, and does it work with P3D ?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Paul,

Just checked and the latest version from Pete checks for P3D and automaticly installs the FSX version in P3D. It seems the same license (the FSX one) is valid for both sims. I'm not sure if you need both FSX and P3D on the system though as I have both. :excited:

And here are some of Mr. Garwoods finest out fo Newcastle tonight in P3D, should appeal to Peter too ;) (With REX essentials)

Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I'm reluctant to leave FS9, which is so fully populated and tweaked and had cash spent on it that it easily outshines my FSX in many respects. And now P3D! sheesh! :S
But yes FSUIPC works fine in P3D and there is no need at all to own FSX.
Alex

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ben...Vancouver, thanks very much. Another pre-P3D query resolved.

Ben, really lovely shots! By coincidence, I have the Planes TV Blu Ray dvd of the 2011 airshow season and was watching Kemble's massed Hunter formation earlier on this evening. What a wonderful thing to see, it must have been. :Dance:

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I was trying my hardest to keep FSX civvie and leave my mil on FS9 - but seeing those Hunter pics caused me to make an exception. Just too much fun.
Alex