Heathrow 1966 Work in Progress

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Heathrow 1966 Work in Progress

Post by TobyV »

Hi Wolfgang,

I am using rather old, primitive and simple tools to create my scenery:

Aerial photos placed and scaled in Airport v2.6 and SCASM by using a triangulation of keypoints, normally located on aerial photography or other known locations in the sim itself. AFCAD2 for the taxiways, runways parking and navaids, EOD by Matthias Brückner for the buildings themselves and an old copy of Ulead PhotoImpact and DXTBmp for the textures!

With many of my airports, either the old buildings have been completely removed and replaced (Southampton), the whole airfield is no longer existent or even with Heathrow using the earliest satellite imagery, some buildings have been modified to the point where it's very hard to work out what was original and what was added later! For this, old maps, photos and a good degree of guessing and then making estimates on a pocket calculator are invaluable!

Toby

Wolfgang
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Wolfgang »

Hi Toby,

any news on this project ?

Cheers
Wolfgang
You can't fight in here Gentlemen.
This is the War Room !

op2
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by op2 »

I need to get back in to FSDS and my 1960s Woolsington scenery . Spending too much time being an artist at www.owenparkerart.moonfruit.com/

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hello chaps,

Unfortunately no progress since my last posts. I can only really work on this when I am in the UK on my old PC and that's only a couple of times a year nowadays. Sorry!

Toby