Apple iOS 7 now available

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

plumber
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Apple iOS 7 now available

Post by plumber »

Nope, no access to anything. They say patience is a virtue, I am just about to see if I can hack it!!!
Brian H

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Speaking of hacking...
There is a vulnerability with the release of ISO7 that may allow dubious access to ones personal data by simply sliding upwards on the lock screen.
It's suggested users turn off "Access to the Lock Screen" found in Control Panel under"Settings".

Joe

Sent from my Android.
:wasntme:

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

I think iTunes is an evil piece of software I don't like it and manage my iDevices quite happily without it!
I agree Ian, it's the most un-intuitive piece of work I've ever come across. I can normally get the hang of anything but iTunes still evades me! :wall:

Paul

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Not sure about this "quiet" updating of apps, I can see problems where if your not conected to wifi the Apps will down load using your 3G etc hence big bills!!! I found that itunes which I agree is lousy had to be updated on the PC for the ipod to work with it, I will stick with Ios6 on the ipad and iphone, I hate the cheapo look of the new system, like driving a ford Focus in basic trim to the ghia trim, it works just as well just looks cheap... If I wanted cheapo look I would have gone to an android phone!! :rant:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Did the pad this morning.It took about an hour to complete.Jury's out at the moment on IOS7.The most important opinion is that of SWMBO ,after all it's her pad(as she keeps reminding me! :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Like Ian, I have quickly adjusted to it and I'm liking it very much...I would not go back now :)

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

tonymadge wrote:Not sure about this "quiet" updating of apps, I can see problems where if your not conected to wifi the Apps will down load using your 3G etc hence big bills!!!
Background updating of Apps is easily controlled in Settings, Tony. Select iTunes and App Store, then choose what you do or don't want to automatically/manually update and you can also choose whether or not it uses 3G.

I've got 3's 'all you can eat' data bundle so I just leave it on. It's handy for the luxury of having my newspaper downloaded in the early hours and ready to read when I wake up :lol:

Can life get more hedonistic? :lol:

Ian :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'm pretty sure all of the current smartphones allow you to disable updates via 3G / 4G and only do it while connected to wifi.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

TSR2 wrote:I'm pretty sure all of the current smartphones allow you to disable updates via 3G / 4G and only do it while connected to wifi.
Yeah, but I'm sure Apple do it in a much cooler way :lol:

IanImage

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

If I wanted cheapo look I would have gone to an android phone!!
Of course with an Android phone you can make it look how you like, where as with an iPhone it's whatever Jonny Ive's current fetish is...