Earth Sim UK Gallery

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Earth Sim UK Gallery

Post by DaveB »

Y E S.. that's the downside of repair :(

The ES install routine is dire isn't it.. probably the worst system I've ever come across :wall:

Nice to know it runs at least as well as if not better than Guernsey. There's hope for me yet :lol: I'd love Jersey to complete the CI trio when it comes out but I can only see it running worse that Gue. We'll have to wait and see.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Adrian Petford
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Adrian Petford »

DaveG wrote:Well, I selected "repair", but it's just downloading the whole lot again 8)
They do some great scenery, but their installer is a nightmare.
I found it's well worth taking the time to set up ESI-packs, Dave. A few extra hoops to jump through but it can be a great time and bandwidth saver if you need to reinstall (and have the drive space to store the packages, of course). It also keeps interaction with ESI to an absolute minimum... always a good thing :lol:

Cheers,
Ade

TrafficPilot
Meteor
Meteor

Post by TrafficPilot »

I read a review of IoM at Mutleys Hanger yesterday which said they'd simplified the installation procedure for IoM? Is this not the case?

I've got a fresh reinstall of FSX on my SSD and don't want to b*gger it up with the ES installer and associated autogen again.

Pity because IoM looks amazing!

Regards

Adam

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Adam :)

I thought that ESI 2.4 (I think that's the latest version) was supposed to be more robust and simplify the install routine but I can't see any visible difference :dunno:

I made packs of all ES sceneries I have (which is everything except the IoM) but forgot they were on C:\ drive in C:\Earth Simulations when I reformatted it for FSX :wall: :doh: Having done that for my previous FSX install.. it still didn't run as smooth as silk and I had issues with things not displaying 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I've backup up all my other ES sceneries, and will do the same with IoM once I've verified it's complete and correct.
To be fair, this is the first time I've had any issues with the ESI installer. It's certainly never wrecked anything.
I don't know about a simplified installation method, I wasn't offered any alternative way of doing it other than though ESI.
Dave G.

TrafficPilot
Meteor
Meteor

Post by TrafficPilot »

Thanks for the info Dave G & B :)

I really want to support ES but wish they'd use something like the Flight1 wrapper instead of that bloatware installer program. I was literally pulling my hair out (what's left of it..) with their installation procedure for Treescapes. Am too scared to reinstall it in case I have to be sectioned following installation :p

Adam

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Same happened to me last year with IoM, 2x12Gb was a pain!
I think I have the packages thingo on disc, but as above, didn't make life any easier. I grit my teeth whenever I'm about to do anything with ES.