Repaint KLM Aerocarto DH-89B Dominie

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

maarten
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Repaint KLM Aerocarto DH-89B Dominie

Post by maarten »

Hi there,

A long-time wish of mine to make a repaint for Dave Garwood's very pretty de Havilland DH-89 Dragon Rapide for FS2004 has finally come true. The repaint features the 1944-vintage (Brush Coachworks Ltd. manufactured) DH-89B Dominie PH-OTA, owned by KLM Aerocarto from 1952-1962 and used for air photography.

This morning the repaint has been uploaded at Sim-Outhouse.com, FlightSim.com, Avsim.com and BritSim.com.

Of course several of you will recognise the scenery on the second screenie. Schiphol anno 1961, has been made by "magician" Harry Biard and his team and is part of the CalClassic Central Europe 1961 scenery. (see http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm)

Cheers,
Maarten

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Repaint KLM Aerocarto DH-89B Dominie

Post by DaveB »

Nice one Maarten :thumbsup:
Always a pleasure to see new Rapide paints ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

chester58
Meteor
Meteor

Post by chester58 »

Nice one :welldone:

maarten
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by maarten »

Hi there,

The day after I uploaded my repaint for the KLM Aerocarto DH-89B Dominie, I was confronted with to me unknown close-up photos of this aircraft after her unfortunate but not too harmful nose-over when her blocked main wheels had touched the runway at Schiphol after a photo flight on 5 May 1959. (the poor pilot had pulled the handle for the wheelbrakes instead of the flap handle.) It turned out that I used an incorrect font for the name under the cockpit and that the rudder needed a bit more red paint. Luckily, the underside of the plane's fuselage had become perfectly visible, so the installation of the photocamera in the fuselage could be added to the repaint too. Hence this fix which makes this FS2004 version of PH-OTA just that bit more realistic. The fix will be uploaded at BritSim.com, AvSim.com, FlightSim.com and Sim-Outhouse.com a.s.a.p. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Cheers,
Maarten

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

You can search and search until you can search no more then out of the blue.. one photo will turn up that dot's the I's and crosses the T's ;) Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

maarten
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by maarten »

DaveB wrote::lol: :lol:

You can search and search until you can search no more then out of the blue.. one photo will turn up that dot's the I's and crosses the T's ;) Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Hi Dave,

You're very welcome. Actually I was looking in the "Netherlands Accident Register" how the Dominie had behaved through the years (1952 till 1966). Apart from the nosey act on 5 May 1959 she did very well indeed. Only one magneto hiccup (about 1956) and on two occasions an engine problem (both in 1963, I think). Impressive, to say the least. :welldone:

Cheers,
Maarten

Adrian Petford
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Adrian Petford »

Thanks Maarten, nice work. Always good to have another livery for the collection :thumbsup:

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

As with the Heron, I found the Rapide repaint in a dark corner over at Britsim, as well as the correction. They should be there in the remository, but because of the umpteen later Meteor repaints they don't show in the Latest Files listing.
Keith

maarten
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by maarten »

Hi there,

In order to try to avoid confusion ;) I just deleted the original version plus update (from 28 & 29 January 2014). Available now is the one and only correct repaint FS2004 KLM Aerocarto DH-89B Dominie PH-OTA, submitted on 8 February 2014. Using the search programme it is very easy to find the repaint.
Many thanks to Keith for digging up the "lost" files. :welldone:

Cheers,
Maarten

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Maarten,
Thanks for doing the clean - up, I wasn't sure how you had done each item!
Keith