Boeing C-97 Stratotanker - FSX

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Boeing C-97 Stratotanker - FSX

Post by Aharon »

Starting engines

Starting to taxi to runway spewing desert sand dust

Roaring down runway spewing desert sand dust

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

I too am rather disappointed that this issue seems to have gone on and on. When it first appeared as an upload, I did wonder about the veracity of the write-up that JanKees provided, but having looked at the accompanying image, I have to say that it's my favourite repaint of the KC-97 by a very long way - even with the roundels on that kink in the fuselage side. As I've said before, I happen to like some "what if" repaints, but I take each repaint on its individual merits. Just as I take each repainter on their own merits - some prolific repainters have produced some ghastly non-fictional schemes, and as a result I refuse to download their work regardless of whether it's fictional or not.

JanKees is one of the best repainters I've come across, even if there are quite a few of his schemes that don't interest me either in themselves or because I have no interest in the aircraft that bears them. And does it really matter whether his "policy" is that he "never" does fictional repaints ? If he chooses to change that, with or without announcing such a change, that's something for him to debate and decide personally - not to be used as a cross to browbeat just one repaint out of the many that he has given us all for nothing but the cost of a download.

Please do NOT turn this forum into another knocking shop like other previously worthwhile forums such as Orbx and SoH,
regards,
Ro
:cheers:

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Airspeed wrote:
airboatr wrote:Probably just a hole in the algorithm, Paul....
:wasntme:x
That hole is where the fuel goes in. :agree:
:
Search engine algorithms, Mike.

;)

Cheers

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Rohan,
Didn't mean to cause offence.
I was just a bit disappointed about the fictional paint, not his work.
I have the greatest respect for anyone who creates a visually pleasing model or paint. I know that it's not easy.
I suppose that I should have said that I am not a fan of fictional repaints, and would not download it, even though it's an Australian scheme.

Joe, please don't confuse me with technology, I'm trying to learn about SBuilderX, and my brain is fraying round the edges. :stupid:

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Hey Mike. All I did was find the picture. How does that make me a Bandit? Anyway, it looks real to me.

:dunno:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

511Flyer wrote:Hey Mike. All I did was find the picture. How does that make me a Bandit? Anyway, it looks real to me.

:dunno:
You jest with me sire! ;)
You didn't tell the other blokes about the context. Appeal dismissed, charge stands. :agree: :bandit:

They're picking on me again....Joe's making a blockbuster about the extermination of Mike by a giant grub....mumble mumble

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Do I get a choice for my last meal Mike? I'd like a Kangaroo steak. They were on special offer in our local supermarket. Buy two, and you could jump the queue at the checkout!!

:hide:

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Post by paulsl »

It took me a moment or two but... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not a 'bird', it's an aeroplane or an aircraft :rant:

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

If Mike's buying..I'll have a crocodile sandwich............and make it snappy!!! ;)

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Airspeed wrote: They're picking on me again....Joe's making a blockbuster about the extermination of Mike by a giant grub....mumble mumble

Hi Mike, :)
Well... I have some good news for you,( and the rest of us).. the liability insurance company for the movie has stipulated . - emphatically -.. a strict prohibition from you doing any nudie shots.... Which is .. let me see here.. Image. ah yes,.. Which is automatically extended to, but not limited to, :worried: third person Mike....

Well there goes any chance of your image being used as nose art on a SW 737... :|

.... :lol: :lol: