FSX Scenery upgrades?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

FSX Scenery upgrades?

Post by 233SQN »

Hi all.

I’m setting up a large batch of PCs with FSX. Due to licensing costs we can’t stretch to payware scenery upgrades for each installation, therfore can anyone recommend some freeware upgrades for trees, roads, buildings etc?

Thanks!
Thanks

Colin Bear

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FSX Scenery upgrades?

Post by DaveB »

Hi Colin :hello:

I know of replacements for trees.. TreesX if I remember correctly.. should be available at Allnodes or Avsim. Can't recall seeing any replacements for buildnings or roads though. Even the payware autogen programs (Revolution X) use default buildings. Not a great deal of room to manoeuvre me thinks.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Colin,
My only suggestion is to use freeware airport enhancements, which generally include a bit of suurounding scenery.
Here's a list off one site:
http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/uk.html
Plug in as many as you can for your area of most use.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Some excellence here and all free

http://www.strikingsoftware.com/

then go to Avsim or Simviation and search for "Enhanced Autogen World", there is a part 1 and a part 2 which enhance the look of autogen.
Alex

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

In my pre-Orbx days, I used to have Adam MIlls' freeware replacement ground textures installed, and very good they were too. A vast improvement on the default textures. Okay I know that's not saying much, but they are very good.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... all-parts/

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

Post by 233SQN »

Thanks everyone. :cheers:

These PCs are going to Air Cadet Sqns and we are recommending that they all stump up the £30 or so required to buy a copy of the Midlands UK2000 at the very minimum, after all they have just been given a PC, Screen, Saitek yoke, throttle, rudder pedals and Turtle beach headset with a Steam FSX installation, it’s the least they can do!

The trees and textures have made a big difference, I’m not a fan of the non VFR scenery but at least now it’s actually quite good with these recommended replacement textures.

On a separate note I’m really impressed with FSX Steam; it’s smooth even at lowish FPS, ideal I think for lower spec set ups. As a result I’m going to migrate my own set up, any guidance (see posting in virtual spanner) appreciated!!
Thanks

Colin Bear

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for the update Colin. Glad you've got something you're happy with :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!