HELP! Sim Rate

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Re: HELP! Sim Rate

Post by adysmith »

I suspected that it was not simply resource related as I could still get 30 fps without any difficulty.

BTW psp was only running so that I could capture the screen shots and save them.

All appears to have been cured by the simple microsloth cure-all, reboot!
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

adysmith wrote:All appears to have been cured by the simple microsloth cure-all, reboot!
My usual port of call, just in case 'KTS' ( Knickers twisted syndrome), most often the cause of being uncomfortable...!
Keith

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

DaveG wrote:You can also use CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to pop up the task manager directly. :cpu:
...is the best computer tip I have learnt in some time. Thanks Dave!

Sorry back to the topic.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hope you don't mind me putting in a 'alfpennyworth here and this is probably used by many but I have only just started using this and have found that FSX is running much better than before by ensuring that some programs such as Microsoft do not run at startup by using the misconfig.

I am runnng Win7 and quite happy with it at present but was bugged by FSX poor running i.e. if I set the FPS to 35 I would get something like 20 - 30fps now I get 35fps except of course at an airport when it can drop depending on scenery.

Be easier if I just give a link:
http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-d ... n-windows/

Scroll down to: Disabling Startup Programs in Windows 7, Vista, or XP. Having some things such as Microsoft running in the background used up a lot of my resources but now FSX is running far sweeter.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

RobDob
Trident
Trident

Post by RobDob »

Having just read this topic I took a look at what processes I had running.......113!!!!!! :doh:

After some fiddling around I'm down to 88 but I can't figure out how to reduce further......task manager shows 4 entries for chrome.exe. :dunno: