Age Concern

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Age Concern

Post by Paul K »

According to new Chinese research, drinking beer can prevent degenerative brain diseases, which is ironic because next morning I usually feel like I've got one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/m ... imers.html

What with this and red wine being good for the heart, I think I need to up my weekly unit count. :guinn:

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Age Concern

Post by Dev One »

Maybe I need to swap my Talisker whisky for a hopped brew, but where in France does one get a bier brewed with hops rather than this watery tastless lager stuff?
Otherwise it continuation of my current Parkinson's medicine!
Keith

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Have you tasted Chinese beer?
Don't.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Well I've tasted Anchor and Tiger beers in Singapore, and a Japanese lager named Kirin ( the genuine Kirin - not the imitation that's brewed for sale in Britain ). All of them were lovely, and if they weren't, they soon seemed so. ;)

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

Tsingtau is a beer common in Chinese restaurants here. Tsingtau is the name of the town which was Germany's colony in China. Of course they built a German town with German style buildings, a school and of course a brewery.
They lost the colony as a result of the first world war. The fleet based there caused a lot of trouble at the start of the war (Battle of Coronel) until it was destroyed in the Battle of the Falkland Islands in 1914.
I've gone off topic all by myself 8), but my point was the Chinese learnt how to make lager from the Germans. I quite like Tsingtau beer even if it's not a pint of bitter it's better than most Italian beer. :party:

Jon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Copied the text so that I can present it to the missus in the hope that our next weekly shop will fill the fridge full of my favourite brew! :guinn: :party:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.