Drat! A2A Connie at Just Flight

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: Drat! A2A Connie at Just Flight

Post by alemaobaiano »

I always see the prices at JF quoted in US dollars, so the price to me was the same as everywhere else......but the good thing about the Connie popping up on JF is that I had a stack of points from previous purchases...and that $12 off was the deciding factor.

After a quick couple of flights and the addition of a Panair repaint I'm a happy bunny, which is not normally the case after buying stuff from JF.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Good point Tony. When you register your details.. JF must default to your local currency. Their reward points are always handy too :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Has anybody gotten it yet? If so how does it compare to the default Connie that comes with P3D?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Joe, I've got it for FSX so I couldn't comment on how it compares to the P3D native version, but after my second flight with it the JF Connies went straight to the virtual scrappers. As a confirmed Connie fan I have to say that I've not been so pleased with a version for FS since the FSDzigns bird came out for FS2004. I had my first longish flight with it yesterday, Burbank to Mexico City, and found it to be pretty damn good. It does have options for GPS (I don't use it) and the default autopilot (I don't use this either), plus a virtual FE who can do as much or as little as you want. ATM mine is putting in the hours, but as he gibbers on when performing his duties you get to know when to do certain things so it's a good learning tool too.

Whether it's worth getting depends on how much you like old time flying, but for me it's worth every penny (and point :lol:). I used to have a vintage FS2004 installation before I moved to W10, now I'll have to see if the same is possible with FSX.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Joe, I just bought it from Just Flight and it is brilliant!! Cannot add much more to what is written above but so far I have only flown it on a training flight (that's what I call it anyway) and with the first decided to start the engines myself, gawd, eng 4 did not want to play ball but after some coaxing got it started then the others. Took off and after landing one of the passengers had written in the remarks column "My head hurts after that flight"

That passenger is now banned from all further flights!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Post by alan cottrill »

Hi.
I have always purchased A2A aircraft , direct from them , it may cost more , but the support and updates are garrenteed , and i think they are one of the top companys , who really care about their customers , i find the services they give are second to none .
regards alan. B-) :cheers:
P.S. A2A aircraft i own are , C172/182 , PA-180/250 , T-6 Texan , P-40 / P47 / P51 mil , Spit , B17 , B377 , L049 all with acu-sim.

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

Off topic slightly but I noticed JF have the VC10 in development, interesting!!.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

Thanks Dave, I didn't think it had been missed but I hadn't gone back that far to check lol.