JustFlight HS748

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ajb
Comet
Comet

JustFlight HS748

Post by ajb »

In a moment of pure madness, so it now seems, I went for the recent offer from JF and bought the 748. It is quite nice to look at and the VC is acceptable though lacking in significant internal camera views (since added by me). Sadly though this aircraft is not a patch on Rick's fine offering. There have been 3 updates since I bought it on 16th April, all of which either do very little of any use or, for the latest, set things back. Engine control and performance are the issues. At first it was underpowered now just the opposite. But my biggest beef is that the prop control has to be done using the prop lever on my yoke, on Rick's this was correctly controlled as part of the RR Dart engine's management system. I've tried aliasing Rick's .air file but it would seem to also require aircraft.cfg changes and I can't be ar$ed to go through all of that again. The F27 which I bought some months ago is a lot better than the 748 so I guess it's to the back of the hangar for this lemon. :(( :((

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: JustFlight HS748

Post by DaveB »

Sri to hear you're not happy with it Andy. We all have those moments of madness which often turn out as we feared they would. I bought the Area51 Galaxy a while back after watching a programme on the box about them and its actually worse than I imagined 8)

I don't have the model btw so can't comment on it either way. I've read of issues with mapping and that some users have swapped out the airfile/cfg for Rick's but as I've never intended buying it, I don't take that much notice.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Dave,

I didn't consider swapping both files for Rick's. Tried it and what an improvement. I had to do a little fixing for the visual model but other than that it seems so much better. Now to look at the sound files :)

Andy

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I guess that's a partial result :thumbsup: It does kind'a taint the end product when you have to do this sort of thing to get it to work though :(

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

ABJ,

Thanks for warning on HS748 by JustFlight. It is shame since it is nice plane!! Yes I will use freeware NAMC Y-11 plane and hope people will think it is HS748 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DaveB: I bought the Area51 Galaxy a while back after watching a programme on the box about them and its actually worse than I imagined 8)
Me too Bought it for 10 bucks and was not happy with it!!!! Cannot figure out how it looked good in other people's screenshots!!!

Good thing Vitavia C-17 Globemaster III is AMAZING.

Regards,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now to look at the sound files :)

Andy
Andy, use the sound files from Ricks' 748, just copy and paste them in. Works a treat though slightly out of sync when starting the engines but are by far much better and realistic.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Nigel. I was thinking about using Rick's files but with the weather up here suddenly becoming very good, flight simming and railway modelling have taken a back seat to the garden :( It won't last, it never does!

Andy

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Andy well, when you have the time I am sure that you will find it a great improvement. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.