UK2000 Norwich Xtreme released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: UK2000 Norwich Xtreme released

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate,

The twin Heralds we know about. Gary says he doesn't have a Friendship model so that's what we're stuck with. Of course, if you have Instant Scenery.. you can edit it out and add your own Friendship if you have one ;)

Which is the un-landable helipad and which sim are you using?

I asked about a patch to whizz the new academy building round (there's normally one issued a week after release) but no reply to that yet. I only test the FS9 versions but its likely that the un-landable helipad will cross all 3 sims.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks Dave

I can live with the Heralds, not really a complaint, just an observation really!

The helipad is on the roof of one of the small buildings on the North side, to the East of the tower. I think it may be a training facility for the rig helicopters? Anyway, when I tried to land my Bell 47 on it last night I just sank straight through it!

I'm using FSX Steam Edition BTW.

Again, it's not the end of the world, I'm well impressed by the rest of it. Very happy customer :thumbsup:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. that one. As far as I know, it's not supposed to be landable. I questioned this on the first beta and wondered if it was a mistake :lol:

Gary says he's going to wait for an update. Only a few small niggles have been found and he wants to wait to see if something more substantial pops up. I uninstalled v1 expecting a new version and of course.. it's not come :lol:

There must be an F27 lurking out there that could be used to replace the second Herald. I'll download the FSX version and see what's what ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

I'm getting a CTD during loading (fs9) ; any ideas on what could be conflicting?

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Off the top of my head.. no Pete. I've never had any UK2K Xtreme airport do this (or any other UK2K scenery for that matter). Is this a 'first time' use after initial download or has it been running and is now CTD? A simple patch has just been released but it IS a simple patch and doesn't delve deep and considering what it's fixed (rotated one building and lowered some statics near the Bond hangars).. that in itself wouldn't fix anything other than its intended use.

Did you turn off your AV during install? Once upon a time, the installer breezed through these things but over the last few years.. even MSE upsets it so I turn mine off. Downloading should be ok.. just the install.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Think I've got a handle on it ; sim1.dll keeps faulting in this area according to http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfinding.php its' an AI traffic issue

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

GaryJ
Viscount
Viscount

Post by GaryJ »

If you have uk2000 part 4 installed, make sure to remove any EGSH files from that. Sometimes this can get missed and cause crashes.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

My current FS9 install doesn't have any of the UK2K parts.. just the Xtreme's I've been involved with but yes.. ensuring you have no other 'like' airport installed is good practice.

Re' AI.. I almost gave up on Norwich. Having checked RW movements.. for the day I checked there were 16 arrivals and 20 departures. Include in these helo flights to the rigs and it becomes obvious that Norwich isn't a spotters heaven :lol: Never had it crash though. I had/have statics installed which still should leave ample space for the odd AI.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

GaryJ
Viscount
Viscount

Post by GaryJ »

You see a lot more tractors than planes :lol:

Where can the update be downloaded from ?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol:

Login to your products.. click on UK2000 Norwich Xtreme and you'll see the update listed under the sim choice :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage