Some bargains here...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Some bargains here...

Post by blanston12 »

I was quite tempted by some of the Vertigo Studio aircraft for 1.95 each, but after you add shipping to the colonies its not quite so cheap.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. they're a bargain for UK dwellers (which is a rarity). I brought the Bearcat off them a few years ago and I think it cost me £7. I feel ripped off now :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Does anyone know if the VFR Airfields listed on the site works with P3D v4? From Ben's comment on the Earth Simulations thread I'm guessing that Treescapes does.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Assuming they're version 1 VFR Airfields, then there are some issues with using them in P3d v4. Some of the objects are FS9 format and will crash the sim, but those can be removed if you don't mind fiddling about.
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Yep, all of my GenX and VFR airfields work, however there are some files that need to be deleted. Some of the BGL's need to be deleted or renamed. This is because there are some legacy scenery objects in them that are no longer supported. There's a post over on the UK2000 site. I'm on my phone at the moment so don't have the details to hand. I haven't noticed any discernible difference with the offending BGL's removed.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Crossed posts with Dave 😀
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Thanks chaps - may not be such a skinflint and get the most up-to-date versions of VFR airfields. The first thing I need to do though is get more space. My "flight" SSD is perilously close to being full so I'll need an alternative. May go with an M2 device but won't be for a month or two yet.

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Well, as a first step I've removed ORBX England and Wales and started to install my old Gen X v2. I've ordered treescapes and the Gen X v3 update disks (hard not to at that price). I've also moved AFS2 to a different disk so hopefully I'll have plenty of space for a little while at least.

I did a flight from France into England and I was struck (yet again) by how bad ORBX England is compared to other ORBX areas so out it goes!