Landing Rate.

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Landing Rate.

Post by simondix »

Is there a maximum landing rate/vertical speed and if so what is it?
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Landing Rate.

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Simon I think the latest client release is less than -550 ft in vertical speed for a penalty free landing. Not sure what constitutes a crash though :lol:
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for that. I incurred a penalty for a -236 landing so I cancelled the flight while I found out.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Strange for that to happen *-) There are some on FSA reporting higher than actual landing figures, I've read the client is supposed to read the sim 20 times second on approach
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I redid the flight and it showed on the penalty/event a landing rate of -87feet. I completed the shutdown of the flight. Checked my log on FS Airlines and it showed a perfect flight. It is the first time I have seen the landing rates on the Client so maybe I was panicking over nothing. Thanks for your input.
Simon

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

The latest version of the client will report your vertical speed (or sink rate) at touchdown - every flight.

It will not give you a Penalty until you exceed (IIRC) 500 FpM, at which point it will report the Heavy Landing penalty in the same place on the client.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for that. My landings are normally reasonable so I should be OK. False alarm
Simon