Classic British AI

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Andy B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Andy B »

Btw about the JBS 1-11, we removed it from our site because it doesn't fit into our quality standard, I managed to keep the VC10 on their though. :lol: :whip: As far as I know however she's still on Avsim, the base model can be obtained from here http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... CatID=root. The paints are anywhere and everywhere.
Last edited by Andy B on 17 Feb 2006, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Andy

I have downloaded your 1-11 500 and replaced the 200 and it's a big improvement for me. :wink:

Do you use FSDS or GMAX ?.

I can give you stripped down source files if you want a Viscount, herald, Vanguard etc.

Some of the newer models are far too complicated to convert to AI models :sad:

You would have to make new bits for the older models but shapes are there.

I use FSDS but can export to x files now which i think can be imported into GMAX or as DXF files.

Also got a G159 Gulfstream 1 which aparently is very sought after.

Andrew Jarvis ?.

Some of my models have shading on most of the newer ones but it will not be needed for FSX so i'm not starting now.
It does not look realistic enough for my taste in textures.
Anyway! your a painter so get shadowing :smile:
My 748 has no shadowing as the model was started from scratch on New Year's Eve & i have not got that far yet.

Regards
Rick :wink:

Andy B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Andy B »

Very kind of you Rick, thankyou for the offer. I'll have a word with my partner in crime and get back to you. :prayer:

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BraniffCEO »

Fodda wrote:Perhaps "attacked" WAS the wrong word. I certainly hadn't meant to imply you'd SPAMmed the interweb, I was just pointing out that a very short one line "notice" by a poster with the sum total of 3 or 4 posts may have just got a list of FS sites and hit each one with the advert (for that is what it is).

I also pointed out that because of this you may have hit up to 100 sites or more and going back through all of them looking for replies may take more than a couple of days.

Which is why I mentioned the email address.

That's all... :dunno:

LOL! I think it would have been a bit obvious if I'd had a pop at you!

Welcome to CBFS by the way. :smile:
No worries! I was actually a member of the earlier incarnation of this forum when it was still connected to BOAC Virtual. I never post anything outside of forums that are relevant, I have way too much to do as it is. :smile: I'm a huge Trident and VC-10 fan, although I am a Yank - beautiful aircraft! Being the longtime head of Braniff Virtual, the BAC 1-11 is also very much in my inventory. I'm actually working on a whole Braniff 1-11 AI package, In the past, I've worked with David and Mark on the Braniff repaints of the flyable 1-11s.

Go Dons! (I'm an Aberdeen Red Army member, it's the homeland...)

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Braniff this looks good :dance: .Only thing is,as most on here know and you'll soon find out,I tend to make a complete cock of installing these kind of things :doh: .

So do you think you could put out some kind of installing guide please?

Cheers,Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

Andy B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Andy B »

My apologies also Braniff, I've been a long time 'viewer' but not an active member until recently. Glad your a Yanking Brit. :lol: :lol:

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BraniffCEO »

Andy B wrote:My apologies also Braniff, I've been a long time 'viewer' but not an active member until recently. Glad your a Yanking Brit. :lol: :lol:
Scotland is the ancestral homeland, I was born in Oklahoma City. However, I spent a good chunk of my youth in Europe, so I've never considered myself a "true" American, my mindset (and that of my family, as well) has always been more European - I'd rather have a Mini than an SUV (actually, I do drive a British car - Jaguar XJ-6, 4.0 Litre - love it!), and I don't go to mega-markets and buy a bunch of food I'll never eat, I buy like we did over there - get just what you want and need. We lived outside Frankfurt (right under the approach to 25 L/R at Frankfurt-Main, heaven for a plane-crazed kid), where my dad was a doctor in the U.S. Army. Because the Army had a tough time keeping doctors (low pay) they hired many civilians to work on-base, most of whom were British. This was during the economic downturn in the UK during the 1970's, a lot came over to work for the U.S. Army because the pay was so much better than at home. So, I grew up knowing the "proper" language (and the slang) - I used to get in trouble at school when we returned to the States for using British spellings - "There's no "u" in "color"!!!" It's what I knew...

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BraniffCEO »

migman29 wrote:Braniff this looks good :dance: .Only thing is,as most on here know and you'll soon find out,I tend to make a complete cock of installing these kind of things :doh: .

So do you think you could put out some kind of installing guide please?

Cheers,Mark :-({|=
I put up an FAQ on the site that may or may not cover your questions. If you have some time, take a look at it and see if it answers your questions - if it doesn't, please let me know what I can add to cover them. I've never written an FAQ before, so any input on what I could do to improve it would be most appreciated. Installing via Traffic Tools is a breeze, but the problem I have noticed is in ensuring that the name of the aircraft in the Aircraft.txt file and the aircraft.cfg file of the AI plane match exactly. Again, take a look - it's linked off the main page, and any suggestions you or anyone else have - send them my way - either post them in here or e-mail them to the addy on the site. Anything we can do to improve things is welcome.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Cheers Braniff.

I'll have a crack asap and let you know how I've got on.

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BraniffCEO »

migman29 wrote:Cheers Braniff.

I'll have a crack asap and let you know how I've got on.

Mark :-({|=
Right, right, cheers, mate!