Classic British AI

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Hi Branniff.

I've read your FAQ's,downloaded TTools and installed the flight plans and d/led and installed the a/c.

Piece of cake........I think.

Thanks to your FAQ's and TTools instructions.

Cheers matey.

Mark :dance:
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BraniffCEO »

migman29 wrote:Hi Branniff.

I've read your FAQ's,downloaded TTools and installed the flight plans and d/led and installed the a/c.

Piece of cake........I think.

Thanks to your FAQ's and TTools instructions.

Cheers matey.

Mark :dance:
Good to hear that helped out! We have something new for you that will be on the site over the weekend - Cambrian, 1973. Kurt just sent me the flight plans and said he's sent the repaints of the 1-11 and Viscount to Avsim. We also have a few North American updates - it looks like a busy weekend for me, which is fine - it went from 70 and sunny 48 hours ago to 28 and sleeting now. If any of you has tried the ice-skating abilities of a Jaguar XJ-6, you'll know why I'm planning on staying in this weekend...

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Branniff wrote:If any of you has tried the ice-skating abilities of a Jaguar XJ-6, you'll know why I'm planning on staying in this weekend...

Migman says:

Go find yourself a nice empty car park and practice some sideways action and hand brake turns.

I'm not saying get as good as the Scandanavians are on the World Rally scene,but if you learn how to do these things then your car control in this kind of weather improves.

It cerainly does no harm to learn how to control a slide when one catches you unawares and learning how to turn it into a controlled drift that may just get you out of trouble.

The XJ6 is a big old bus that will drift around nice and sssllllooowwlllyyy :dance: ,
not snap around on you real quick like smaller,shorter wheelbased cars.

Have fun :smile: :smile: :smile: .

Mark :wink:
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BraniffCEO »

migman29 wrote:Branniff wrote:If any of you has tried the ice-skating abilities of a Jaguar XJ-6, you'll know why I'm planning on staying in this weekend...

Migman says:

Go find yourself a nice empty car park and practice some sideways action and hand brake turns.

I'm not saying get as good as the Scandanavians are on the World Rally scene,but if you learn how to do these things then your car control in this kind of weather improves.

It cerainly does no harm to learn how to control a slide when one catches you unawares and learning how to turn it into a controlled drift that may just get you out of trouble.

The XJ6 is a big old bus that will drift around nice and sssllllooowwlllyyy :dance: ,
not snap around on you real quick like smaller,shorter wheelbased cars.

Have fun :smile: :smile: :smile: .

Mark :wink:
I previously owned an Acura Legend Coupe, and had no problems with it on ice. I've only had the Jag since September, so this is my first winter with it. We had a small snowstorm last month, and it was definitely a different experience from the smaller, front-wheel-drive Legend. Contrary to the belief, Oklahoma isn't flat all over, it's rolling hills where I live. We only get 1 or 2 major winter storms a year, and the duration is fairly short - and the city does plow/salt certain routes, so it's really getting from the neighborhoods to the main streets that is the problem. The biggest problem here is the "black ice" that you don't know is there until you start wondering why you're driving perpendicular to the flow of traffic. We also have on particularly nasty stretch known as the Belle Isle Bridge - it's really about 1/4 mile of elevated and banked freeway. anytime there's ice, there will be trucks and cars sliding all over it, some even going off the bridge to the road below. Been this way for 25 years, and still people think you can take that stretch at 60-70 MPH with no worries. That kind of thing is one of the reasons I avoid travelling in weather like this - I'm not so much concerned with my abilities, but rather those of others. One night, I was sitting at a light on my way home form work, and some fool in a Chevy Camaro comes barrelling through at a good clip, hits a patch of black ice, jumps the curb and slams into the cornershop - which, fortunately, was closed for the night. I got out to see if everyone was okay, and had it been open he would have hit the clerk and whomever was standing at the counter. The car had airbags, so the driver and passenger were okay, thankfully.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

I've been sitting at the end of Heathrow's runways plane spotting!!!! :lol: .

I've seen Tridents and Vanguards so far.The only thing is my graphics card and Ram aren't up to the job :doh: .

I went to Manchester first and my Just Flight scenery didn't even show up!!!!!.
All I'd got were runways and peritracks,no buildings at all :k: .
So it looks like I'll have to run with just GA traffic and very little of it for now.............bummer.
My mother board will take 2GB of sdram,but only at 200/266MHz so I'm struggling to find compatible parts to give it a boost :dunno: .

Mark :-({|=

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

I too can only see a Vanguard parked at heathrow & tridents flying.
plus the other Trident's dotted around the Airport.

Not see a single 1-11 at all :sad:

Regards
Rick :wink:

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Hey Kris, hope you're doing okay up there. Dallas hasn't gotten hit hard yet, but I hope it's not too bad in the morning on the way back to work. I'm not as afraid about me and driving my Blazer as I am about the idiots down here who can't seem to fathom the idea that you've gotta slow down before you hit the ice and that you shouldn't have been going 70 in the first place when it's icy out.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

I'm going to put up a post in Developers corner,I've got something odd going on all of a sudden.

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BraniffCEO »

migman29 wrote:I've been sitting at the end of Heathrow's runways plane spotting!!!! :lol: .

I've seen Tridents and Vanguards so far.The only thing is my graphics card and Ram aren't up to the job :doh: .

So it looks like I'll have to run with just GA traffic and very little of it for now.............bummer.
My mother board will take 2GB of sdram,but only at 200/266MHz so I'm struggling to find compatible parts to give it a boost :dunno: .

Well, it's just about to get worse, in my mailbox today were Northeast (UK) '73 and British Midland '77... More RAM will defintely help - I honestly didn't see a major improvement in FPS going from a 128mb card to a 256mb one. I picked up maybe 1 or 2 at the busiest locales, but nothing compared to upping the system RAM

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

BraniffCEO wrote:
migman29 wrote:I've been sitting at the end of Heathrow's runways plane spotting!!!! :lol: .

Well, it's just about to get worse, in my mailbox today were Northeast (UK) '73 and British Midland '77... More RAM will defintely help - I honestly didn't see a major improvement in FPS going from a 128mb card to a 256mb one. I picked up maybe 1 or 2 at the busiest locales, but nothing compared to upping the system RAM
I'd best get going then matey and find some bits PDQ :lol: :lol: