BA/BEA Interim Tridents

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

As I said before, I wasnt sure, but a quick search shows that YB went into Northeast colours and then into hybrid NE/BA colours and then full BA colours. I had originally presumed BEA had acquired both aircraft for NE as I had forgotten that YE wore BEA livery (the photo has gone off a.net but luckily I had saved a copy years ago!)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That's right they both went to Northeast afterwards but they were registered to the Channel Islands Division rather than mainline that is why I queried the titles not the livery.

It may well have worn the large titles but that would have been an exception. The BEA fleet operated wherever irrespective of whether they were Scottish or CI division so it was all nominal. They may even have just been registered to BAS BEA CI division and then operated in the main Trident fleet.

Interesting

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

The CI Trident operated the Birmingham Glasgow Birmingham Paris schedule but don't think it carried CI titles................but then again I didn't think a V.806 ever wore the Flying Jack :redface:

Fraser

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks Fraser

I didn't until the other day realise the Trident 1E even wore the BEA livery such as it was hidden in a corner of the network.

BEA has thrown a few supprises lately

Whatever next?

A part Red Square/Flying Jack Vanguard? :shock: :wink:

Garry
Garry

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Toby,

Nice repaint of the Trident 1 in BEA colours!

There's not one availiable though as far as I know so is it on Dave's trident 2 model or have I got something to get very excited about?
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

BT

It's a Trident 1E paint on a T2

There are several 1E paints on the 2 model

Garry
Garry

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Thanks Garry, that's what I thought.
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

The 1E is a half way house between the 1C and 2E, both technically and visually. Since it was the 1E that wore many different operators liveries (although not a huge number were actually built), people have been painting them on DM's model with too many (if any at all actually?) cries of 'non-realism' from the purists :smile:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TobyVickers wrote:The 1E is a half way house between the 1C and 2E, both technically and visually. Since it was the 1E that wore many different operators liveries (although not a huge number were actually built), people have been painting them on DM's model with too many (if any at all actually?) cries of 'non-realism' from the purists :smile:
Do you meannot too many Toby?

BT

The 1E is almost more like the two than it is the 1C

The wingtips are the biggest visual difference.

The window arrangement is different to the 1C and in fact some 1E are different to other 1E's but it is the best that can be done and all the liveries that the 1C wore can be painted on the 2 except the early polished bottom RS.

The liveries I painted on the 2 model as 1E's were only worn by 1E's in real life so that is the compromise.
Garry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Yes for some reason I often forget to put "nt"s and "nots" in when I am typing, dunno why? :dunno:

Theres quite a few subtle details on the 1E (like the nose gear bay door arrangement and the aerial up the side of the fuselage from the wing fairing) that the 1E has in common with the 1C. Some 1Cs were converted to 1Es on hte production line. The different models were I believe, 1E, 1E-101, 1E-103, 1E-110 and 1E-140.