The Introductions Thread

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Well, I guess I'll be the first native Yank to drop his info down....

Name's Chris, born in '82 in the Big City (no, not New York...) of Dallas in the great (big!) state of Texas. Spent most of my youth in the suburbs of Dallas, moved to the Denver, Colorado, suburbs for High School where I graduated, and then spent a year at the University of North Dakota getting my Private Pilot license and frostbite. Came to my senses in 2001 and came back to Denver until 2004 when I went to Ohio to work for a small cargo airline (which most have probably heard of due to an unfortunate accident in Cincinatti that year). Moved back to Dallas in 2005 and due to the impending slump in the airline industry, decided that I'd change career paths to the other love of my life - railroading.

Was in Civil Air Patrol as a cadet and rejoined 2 years ago as a Senior Member. Great orginization, having fun, and hoping to get back flying with them in the few months as it's much cheaper to fly with them instead of putting it all on my dollar as I don't make enough to stay more than marginally current. :grin: Aviation has always been a big thing for me, worked for 2 airlines, an aviation fueling company, and always been involved with several aviation groups and will be shortly putting out my money to re-join the Commemorative (ex-Confederate) Air Force, who currently operate the largest collection of airworthy vintage warbirds in the US (and I believe the world in fact), including Air Atlantique's Shackleton Mk.2 and the famous B-29 "FiFi".

BAe146
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BAe146 »

My name is Joe, and I'm 26. I grew up in Davenport, Iowa, but moved to
Centennial, Colorado (suburb of Denver) in '96. I currently build planes at Adam Aircraft, which is based out of Centennial Airport (KAPA).

I spent five years in the US Marine Corps as an Avionics Tech for F/A-18's while stationed in Iwakuni, Japan , and AV-8B II Harriers while stationed in Yuma, AZ. I spent 6 months on the USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD-6) for Iraqi Freedom.

My father just retired the 146 from Air Wisconsinon Apr 16th, and was lucky to be the PNF on the last revenue flight. He is now downgrading to the CRJ-200. Before the 146, he flew Dash-8's, F-27's, SD3-30's, and C99's.

My grandfather flew C-47's during WWII. My sister is a flight attendant for Shuttle America, on the Embraer 170's.
"Mankind has a perfect record in Aviation, We've never left anyone up there."

OneMacGuru
Meteor
Meteor

Post by OneMacGuru »

Hi, my name is Al (MacNeish) and I belong to the same club as AndyG :worried: I'm 150 years old give or take a century and after I got thrown our of the RAF (medical - 1 kidney only) I got a job in Local Government. I'm still there as a planning officer with specific responsibility for the computerised mapping system (GIS). Usual Scottish schooling system in Elgin and as a 5th birthday present my dad took me to the Navy Air Day at HMS Fulmar (Lossiemouth). Hooked on aviation from that point.

Many wonderful years were spent hang-gliding before a bone growth disease and family constraints put an end to all that. My main hobby these days is hiding all my flight sim purchases from the wife (TrackIR 4, graphics cards, joysticks and add on aircraft), it's a full time job :-$

Stumbled across these wonderful forums and still lurk more than post. Current projects include driving Andy Nott up the wall and getting to grips with aircraft re-paints. Don't hold your breath for my first effort...

Al

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Oh Deary me............. coming onto this thread after reading of the qualications gained by a number of members makes me feel as though I have entered the wrong classroom!!! Any-one know where class 2b is?

Hi all, my name is Nigel Howard-Jones Born in Usk Monmouthshire in 1951 and lived in Panteg for six years until moving to Nottingham when my father gained promotion with British Nylon Spinners later to become ICI Fibres.

On leaving school I went to Stow-on-the Wold Glos. as a trainnee manager for a hotel though after two years left as I felt it was not for me.

Joined the RAF as MT Driver and it was during this time I gained my gliding certificate and flew such classics as the Auster, Tiger Moth and Supercub also flew the Beagle Pup and Cesnna 172 as P2 could not afford a PPL as I was only paid £9 per week and it cost £15 an hour wet.

On leaving thought of joining the Police but in those days when a job came up you took it so joined British Road Services and then later Tankfreight - all part of the NFC driving artics. Sadly, on going home from work on Christmas Eve a dog ran in front of my motor-bike and subsequently I suffered a serious leg injury............two and a half years later and after four operations I had to undertake a career change.

Trained in Business Admin and IT then took a twelve month temporary contract working in fraud with the DSS. Due to change of Goverment policies meant that they could not offer a permanent position. Worked again on a temporary contract for six months with Lincolnshire Health Authority in the Corporate Affairs Department....Boring!!!

Finally the door of opportunity opened with a Local Authority. I have now been in their employment for ten years as a C.C.T.V. Operator monitoring the City Centre and outlaying districts and very happy in my work. Before any of you ask, I am unable to talk about any incidents that I have monitored either recently or in the past due to the Data Protection Act - Code of Practise and more importantly the Official Secrets Act of which my signiture is attached to!!!!

Very briefly (just in case you are wandering or would like to know) I have been involved in murders, sudden deaths, fatals, armed robberies, armed incidents, attempted suicides police pursuits, drunken drivers and the usual night time violence. Other than that, when I am off duty....... I am off duty!!!

Late edit....Found out about this Forum after buying a copy of PC Pilot and lo and behold in that issue was a CD with the two Daves Classic Aircraft and also an interesting read of these two flying the VC10 sim at Brize with Tonks watching their every move with a critical eye. Good photo of you there Tonks!!! I still have that edition.
Last edited by Nigel H-J on 09 May 2006, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

Hi all,

My Names James Snape. Im 20 Years old and Live in Lancashire. At the moment Im studying photography (B.A (Hons) at Bradford, and in about 5 weeks or so I'll be leaving and entering full time employment (Boo!).

I used to be in the Air Cadets, Spent 5 of the best years of my life with them, loved every minute of it. Got to fly a Bae Bulldog (Just before the R.A.F retired them), a Grob Tutor and came close to going solo on a Vigilant, but had to do with a set of blue wings intstead.

Been into Flightsim since I bought a Copy of Carrier Strike Fighter (I think it was made by janes?) and then onto CFS 1, which I still play cause its ace, FS98 and all the way up to FS2004 and beyond.

Im an avid simmer, and spend more time than I should playing Flightsim.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:hi:

:-#

:nahnah:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

andy

Post by andy »

Nice one Gazza................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: