The Introductions Thread

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

BAe146 wrote:My name is Joe, and I'm 26. I grew up in Davenport, Iowa, but moved to
Centennial, Colorado (suburb of Denver) in '96. I currently build planes at Adam Aircraft, which is based out of Centennial Airport (KAPA).
Geez... I can't believe we didn't cross paths at least once between '96 and '04. I moved to Highlands Ranch in '96 and was there until '04. Worked for AWAC and ASIG up at DIA, probably met your dad several times and didn't know it. Thankfully I got out before the 146 was retired. Must've been a sad day, they put in excellent service for nearly 30 years. In a way, it's fitting that AWAC was the first and last airline to operate the BAe-146 in the United States.

Have you ever had the opprotunity to meet Joe Thibideau? If you haven't, try to track him down at the Resturaunt and ask him about flying the Sea Fury and Mustang. He's got some great stories.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

DispatchDragon wrote: For all of you who dont know Garry is of course Lord Lucan no matter
what DM says

Leif

Right my lad -- your nicked
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So thats the mystery solved! Excellent. I bet Garry has Shergar running around his field.. :wink: :poke: :lol:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

airboatr

Lord Lucan

Post by airboatr »

I had no Idea Garry
I had to do a google search
of Lord Lucan :shock:
"Quite sorted"
and don't mess the the li'l misses :tuttut: :box:
she's a real "Nut" cracker I read

slimsim60
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by slimsim60 »

I might as well add my bit to this.

I'm Simon Russell, i was born in Cuckfield, east Sussex in 1970. I spent the first 33 years from there living in Crowborough in Sussex untill i moved to the Canterbury area about 3 years ago. hated school for the whole time that i went, and spent all the time since then wishing i had payed a lot more attention than i did.

Up untill about 8 weeks ago i had spent the last 12 years in the transport industry driving every thing up to class 1 HGV both here and on the continent, and as such have consumed more than my fair share of the pies and duty frees as a pic of me would show( if anyone is really in need of a laugh i may post to the thread on what we look like, but pls turn on the wide screen for that). Before that in did all sorts of things from aircraft cleaning to forecourt casher in a petrol station.

Started flightsimming on the dragon 32 computer (remember those) and have had most versions of MSFS and previous to that Sublogic FS. Got onto this forum after finding DM excellent BAC 1-11, an aircraft that i had loved since i was a boy.

I now have a boy of my own how is 19 months old and gets relly excited when i start up the sim and start flying somthing old and noisy. he loves anything that flies from birdies that he points at from the car to the big tin birds that he sees when we pass Manston. I now don't work as i stay at home to look after him as the other half can earn more at work than i can.

So that a little bit about me.
Simon R

Ollie Suckling
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ollie Suckling »

Hi,

Im Ollie Suckling and am 20 years old from York. Have always wanted to be a pilot all my life so joined the cadets when i was 13 and did my gliding and flying scholarships before trying to join the RAF in 2004. I passed the medical but they said i was not good enough yet in part 2 (Hanger leadership exercises) and to go to university and come back again later! So thats what i did, i am at Hull uni studying Physical Geography and am a member of the Premier UAS, Yorkshire Universities Air Squadron based at RAF Church Fenton near York, where we used to do EFT on the Tutor until those money grabbing people in the MoD decided we were not worth the money! We still get 10 hours a year though, which is better than nothing.

Have applied for a bursary into the airforce for my last year at uni and will go down to cranwell again sometime during the summer.

Been flight Simming from way back, Flight Sim 95 then 98, 2000 2002 and then 2004. Won't be able to run FSX at all!

Also work on Victor XL231 at Elvington and work very hard with the other members of the team keeping her in pristine working condition. Just started repainting her....we are fools! Any way a quick plug http://www.lustylindy.co.uk and buy our DVD when it comes out!!!!

Cheers

Ollie

Robin
Trident
Trident

Post by Robin »

Hey!

I'm Robin, 21 and from Warwickshire. After going to Airshows in my early years, I was only 10 when I first flew on a plane (727). I joined the Cadets in 2000 after being slightly curious and left in 2004 after many years happy flying and drilling. Through the cadets I also began some work with Classic Aviation Projects and in Particular Canberra WK163, I also completed my Advanced Glider training during my time with the Spacey's.

Currently I am trying to get a contract to play semi pro rugby and I play Openside (7). I also support the Neath - Swansea Ospreys and go to watch them when I can.

Workwise, I work for Hewlett Packard in the European Logistics Dept. I hate it and the sooner I can get to playing pro rugby the better.

And any other spare time I get is spent at Silverstone where I marshal. it's good fun and surely gives you a thrill although not always a good one.

Well, somebody elses turn now.

Cheers,