Avro Canada Jetliner being built for FS

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

Not bad, not bad at all!

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Zoren
i've just sent an e-mail to the ottawa aircraft museum for help in attaining access to the avro canada jetliner cockpit. if they approve a visit what are you looking for. all i can do is wait and see if they will let me in and photograph. if i can help in this matter i will try my best.

Zoren
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Zoren »

Hi David,

Good luck with that. I have e-mailed them and they told me they would get someone to take some pictures. That was over a couple months ago now.

If you do get in, I could use some good examples of what the gauges actually look like. A friend visited and took some pictures, but the glass backing makes it almost impossible to see the detail of the gauges. He did manage to make copies of the manual which tells me what each gauges is, but there is no picture to show what they look like.

I have been working on the VC trying to get that to look pretty good. Mark has sent me some nice sound files to include.

I hope to get more pictures up soon.

Zoren

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

zoren,
sorry for taking so long but work got into the way, three weeks ago sent e-mail to air museum asking for permission to photograph cockpit. well i still have no reply. so today i went down to the museum and tried to photograph. the whole cockpit is behind plexiglass, also the lighting is very poor. little red lights near the control panels and that's it. even normal viewing is pathetic. i have tried to take photo's and hopefully have them developed by next week.
i then went and asked in person about permission, well once they stopped laughing at me. i do not joke! they said the administrator will not even speak to me and that i have no chance of my request being granted.
i must say this is the worst treatment i have ever had from a major museum. even a polite no would have done.
so i have tried and as i said i hope to have my results soon.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi David

What an odd way to treat someone visiting a museum that is keen on actively supporting history

One would think that help from them and the project coming to the fore with the appropriate mention would only do the museum good.

Such rudeness is uncalled for.

I hope that you get some success without their help.

Speaking only as someone who would appreciated the end result as opposed to being actively involved in it, I can only thank you and others for trying.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Hi David,

Which museum was that so I can be sure to remember to NEVER go there.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Just had a look at their website. Is this any use?

http://www.aviation.technomuses.ca/coll ... o%20Canada

Examples are (but there are more there):

http://www.aviation.technomuses.ca/coll ... e&id=27489
http://www.aviation.technomuses.ca/coll ... e&id=14733

Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Ian

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Nice one Ian :thumbsup:

Most of those I have never seen before

:smile:

Garry
Garry

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Glad I haven't lost the plot.

Anyway I'll be away until this time next week - see if those CV990 are still at Palma on way to villa and pool - no World Cup :dance:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That's the beast Ian

As to the Convair wern't they all axed except EC-BZO a couple of years or so ago?

I think it's BZO that was left one of only two in the later livery. The other was 'BQQ.

I wish I could escape the WC

Garry
Garry