Radar Contact 4 - further comments/observations

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Ah, another CBFS RC user - there's more than I thought! :lol:

If you like that, John, you'll like this even better - in the latest build currently under test, in response to user requests you can ask for a repeat even if the co-pilot is doing the RT so you can have the best of both worlds. This test build will eventually become part of the free 4.2 upgrade - we've abandoned 4.1 because everyone seemed to think the 4.01 fix was 4.1 (I hope that makes sense :doh: ) - but I've no idea about a release date.

PP

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Pete,

Not done many VFR flights (not done any recently) but would RC4 control DaveB's take offs and landings and then leave him to do his VFR thing?

I recall it depended on the airport facilities more than anything else.

Ian

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Hi Ian,
If you mean will it give take off clearance at the departure airport, landing clearance at the destination and leave you in peace to do whatever you want by way of route and altitude in between, the answer is no, it will expect to control the flight in between the airports too. I've never tried it but I guess there could be some fiddles or workarounds using non-towered airports closer than 80nm apart to get close to this but that's all it would be - fiddles and workarounds which would, I think, just prevent the program from doing its "job" (i.e. providing a full control service for IFR flights) properly.

One thing that does strike me is that although there is a huge r/w difference between IFR and VFR, this doesnt really have much significance in Flight Sim. So, if anyone reading this is wondering if RC is for them, here are a couple of points to consider:

If you like to fly from A to B without any real idea of the route you're going to follow and just meander around enjoying the scenery until you eventually get to where you're going, then (this version of) RC is definitely not for you.

If you like to fly from A to be B using a predetermined ( i.e. a flight planned) route with at least one waypoint between A and B - as you would, for example, when flying for a VA :wink: - then RC will add significantly to the experience.

I'd better stop there before I get into trouble for turning the forum into a billboard for Radar Contact. :-#

Pete

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I nearly cracked last night Pete and the only thing that stopped me was that it's on CD only. I know it's underhand and deceptive but it is much easier for me to download (unseen if you get my drift) than it is to try and blag away what the postie has just delivered :roll:

Never mind! So close, and yet so far :-#

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I understand completely, Dave. :wink:
PP

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Ah yes Dave, covert ops!

I follow the same procedure!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

My version 4 was a Christmas present :lol:

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Dave... get it delivered and say it's a Tantris CD from me.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.