If you will be watching the world cup....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

If you will be watching the world cup....

Post by TSR2 »

...MS have come up with this free prog. Not bad at all.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

:smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that Ben but given the option.. I'd rather download a virus!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

andy

Post by andy »

Somehow, I don't think there will be a problem keeping up with the scores during the tournement.

It's going to be a problem keeping away from it. Every program, on every channel, will be bringing you the latest and ramming it down your throat.

I would like to see it broadcast between 02-00, and 06-00. zzzzzzzz!!! :smile:

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

That's why it is great when they hold the World Cup in places like Japan and Korea as in 2002.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Agree 100% with you there Steve, with the money that the BBC get from licenses and ITV through advertising.......I feel it is now the time when they all should be running a dedicated sports channel each so those who have no interest in sport be it football - cricket - golf - tennis etc can continue to watch normal programmes instead of having them rammed down their throats

Satellite TV have their own sports channels although some are payview, so I cannot see why the Beeb and ITV cannot do the same even should it be for a modest fee if necessary.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Firefox already has a football plugin, but as Dave said, I'd rather download a virus.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

We deal with Viking Direct for our business supplies and they sent me an offer for a 32" LCD Surround Sound TV for around £700......but the bit that made me smile is the offer of 'This TV is completely free if you buy it now and England WIN the World Cup 2006, you will get a 100% refund!!'......Now there's confidence for you... :lol:

Regards.

Bridon Bear :wink:

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk

Angus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Angus »

Nigel H-J wrote:Agree 100% with you there Steve, with the money that the BBC get from licenses and ITV through advertising.......I feel it is now the time when they all should be running a dedicated sports channel each so those who have no interest in sport be it football - cricket - golf - tennis etc can continue to watch normal programmes instead of having them rammed down their throats

Satellite TV have their own sports channels although some are payview, so I cannot see why the Beeb and ITV cannot do the same even should it be for a modest fee if necessary.
I absolutely agree - but I love watching football, cricket and rugby and since I don't have Sky (or even Channel 5) I miss out (I think so anyway... :lol: ), so a dedicated free sports channel would be very welcome.
"The wisest man is not the one who knows the most, but the one who realises he knows the least."

Angus

Keith Jones
Victor
Victor

Post by Keith Jones »

Bridon Bear wrote:Now there's confidence for you... :lol:
Nah! They know their money is safe :lol:
Wherever you go, there you are.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

andy wrote:Somehow, I don't think there will be a problem keeping up with the scores during the tournement.

It's going to be a problem keeping away from it. Every program, on every channel, will be bringing you the latest and ramming it down your throat.

I would like to see it broadcast between 02-00, and 06-00. zzzzzzzz!!! :smile:
Steve, look at this from another way... ok so you cant watch TV, so you might as well go out, enjoy the empty roads and quiet countryside while the rest the of the world is getting drunk down the pub , shouting at a widescreen TV before starting the inevitable fighting and petty crime that always ensues when a supercritical mass of largered up "football supporters" are in the same place for 90 minutes takes place. Cynical, moi? :k: