Over Manhattan

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

With a little brass plaque. Yeah, nothing wrong with classic american 'liners. Especially if it involves props.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

britishtourer wrote:That's not the dark side mate!

That would be flying non Classic British Aircraft in non British liveries. The Connies and the Strat, Canadair fours, 707 etc, are good enough in my opinion to be given the status of "Honorary Classic Brits"!
Is there such a thing as a non classic british aircraft that was actually used by a non british carrier?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

blanston12 wrote:

That would be flying non Classic British Aircraft in non British liveries. The Connies and the Strat, Canadair fours, 707 etc, are good enough in my opinion to be given the status of "Honorary Classic Brits"!
Is there such a thing as a non classic british aircraft that was actually used by a non british carrier?
Yes

Everything from Air France Caravelles and SAS Convairs to Pan Am DC7 and TWA Starliners............. and all shades in between. :think:

Those are all non Classic British aircraft flown by non classic British carriers.

:smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Angus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Angus »

I have always considered the Connie to be an "honorary" Classic Brit. I think the same goes for the Tristar, not sure about the 707 though - although it has had a distinguished history with Classic British airlines, it still seems like an American aircraft (and the same goes for the 727).
"The wisest man is not the one who knows the most, but the one who realises he knows the least."

Angus

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Unlike the Connie and Tristar the 707 was built in a British version with Conways to make it more acceptable to the taxpayer.

Aircraft like the Canadair Four are at least British Colonial

But the Connie and TriStar are not British in any form even though the 1011 used RR engines that was standard for the type.

Garry
Last edited by Garry Russell on 02 Jun 2006, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

But they feel British. I haven't seen such curves in an American aircraft since... that... era.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Garry Russell wrote:
blanston12 wrote:

Is there such a thing as a non classic British aircraft that was actually used by a non British carrier?
Yes

Everything from Air France Caravelles and SAS Convairs to Pan Am DC7 and TWA Starliners............. and all shades in between. :think:

Those are all non Classic British aircraft flown by non classic British carriers.

:smile:

Garry
Maybe we are talking pass each other, I read "non classic" + "British".

The Caravelles, DC7's and Starliners I would say are not "non classic British", but rather "classic non British". Just trying to keep the terminology strait. :wink:
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

Thought I would post up a couple of shots on of a flight I did over the same area in a golden oldie.

Old with the new so to speak, enjoy

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Post reported to Admin !!!

This guy is posting real photos and trying to make out they're in flight sim!

Not fair! Make him go away. :crying:

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

Hello Seaking
what scenery are you using there?
it's very nice