If you will be watching the world cup....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Horses for courses. I'm not a big football fan, but I do want to see England do well, as they are the only home nation in the competition.

There are the usual larger louts, but for every one of them, there are 100 everyday folk who want to see their country do well in an international competition.

Don't get me wrong, Football will never be as civilised as cricket or rugby, but each to their own. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

andy

Post by andy »

TobyVickers wrote:
andy wrote:Somehow, I don't think there will be a problem keeping up with the scores during the tournement.

It's going to be a problem keeping away from it. Every program, on every channel, will be bringing you the latest and ramming it down your throat.

I would like to see it broadcast between 02-00, and 06-00. zzzzzzzz!!! :smile:
Steve, look at this from another way... ok so you cant watch TV, so you might as well go out, enjoy the empty roads and quiet countryside while the rest the of the world is getting drunk down the pub , shouting at a widescreen TV before starting the inevitable fighting and petty crime that always ensues when a supercritical mass of largered up "football supporters" are in the same place for 90 minutes takes place. Cynical, moi? :k:
Ha- ha.........!
I think it will just inspire me to get my head down and get a shed full of scenery designed. :smile: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Wouldn't it be great if this forum was a place where one could go without any mention of the World cup or football. :huf:

Some hope. :worried:

:sad:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Any chance we could make mention of the game with 22 yobs, a muddy field and a pig's bladder, a "bannable" offence :lol: ?

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

One reason why I detest soccer is the obscene wages they pay to people who are incapable of stringing an intelligible, coherent sentence together

Grumpy old man

Sean

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Are you insinuating that the likes of Beckham and Rooney are a bit "fick"? :shock:

If someone could pay me a pound for everytime Beckham says "At the end of the day...", I'd be quite content :lol:

andy

Post by andy »

Avant-Garde-Aclue wrote:One reason why I detest soccer is the obscene wages they pay to people who are incapable of stringing an intelligible, coherent sentence together

Grumpy old man

Sean
They shouldn't get paid for playing for their country. Just get a good bonus if they win. :wink:

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

There was a time when players actually held down jobs and still played for their team and country. I had the misfortune to be on nightshift with a guy who has had his rational thought processes removed and replaced with soccer trivia. He insisted on watching soccer on TV and I overheard an interview with a famous player who's name eludes me. In his replies to the interviewer he said "Like you know" 28 times within the space of 5 minutes.

Hmm I think I'll have liver and onions for dinner tomorrow

Grumpier old man

Sean

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Well chaps, I'm not really a football fan but anything at International level is always exciting.

I am looking forward to the World cup! A little bit of healthy competition between the nations is always fun and great to watch. I went to see England play Jamiaca today at Old Trafford. It was the best £25 I ever spent. What a game! 6-0!!! Value for money? I should co-co.. :worried: :smile:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

(wakes up from keyboard)

... muh-h? World Cup?

Well its early doors yet and a game of two halves but, like yer know, at the end of the day, yer know, the team that scores the most goals will be the winner ...

I can't go on. Toby echoes my thoughts precisely - and indeed I have used his very same words many a time when people automatically presume that I have to like football ... the very mention of it makes my expression automatically go all glassy

If I take any notice of the world cup at all, since my wife is Dutch I shall be supporting Holland. I'll be as sick as a parrot if they don't win ...
Simon