Newark Cockpit Fest Week-end

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Newark Cockpit Fest Week-end

Post by Nigel H-J »

Any-one going to the Newark Cockpit Fest on 17th or 18th June?

Will be going on whatever day the sun shines :lol: .........if not......then I will just have to get wet!!! :sad:

http://www.internationalcockpitclub.org ... itfest.htm
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Bruce
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bruce »

This is an event I've always considered but never managed to attend. If I'm not working I may well go as I've not been to Newark for a fair few years.

Bruce

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

Bugger! That's the weekend I'm away in Birmingham visiting mates at the university! :sad:

Never mind, maybe next time!

Cheers,
Andy M.

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

you know, you rearrange the syllables a bit and you have an entirely different event :shock:

Link doesnt work for me, but sounds interesting.
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

jamesstables
Comet
Comet

Post by jamesstables »

I went once, but exams usually seem to get in the way. I won't be again this year, chances are I'm working saturday and at aeroventure sunday. a few of the lads will be there from doncaster with some cockpits so if you go make sure you pop over and say hi. I think we might have something on that weekend as well like an open cockpit day.

briwith
Viscount
Viscount

Post by briwith »

Thanks Tonks. It was nice to meet you too (at last).

Apart from getting boiled alive on Saturday and a sore throat from all the "war stories" on Sunday, I don't think we had a bad weekend. Visitor numbers to the Shack were definitely up on last year.

My thanks to all who supported the event and I hope everyone had a good day.

ATB,

Brian W

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Also went on Sunday but had to leave early pm as had the family and grand daughter down for the afternoon, though thoroughly enjoyed the visit.

One thing that really shocked me just as I was about to enter was of the arrival of a Hunter cockpit, the driver got out of his car to unlock the gates and it was then that I noticed that he had a young boy sat in the cockpit wearing a bone dome........This driver had probably, from what I am assuming, allowed that young boy (his son)? to travel in the cockpit from where-ever they had come from.

If this was the case then all I can say is that it was a bl**dy stupid thing for him to allow, had there been an accident on the way then I would not want to think of what the consequences to that lad might have been!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.