Alphasim Phantom set 3 out

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

Alphasim Phantom set 3 out

Post by rich byrne »

Downloading as I write this, looks good from the screenies though, about £11.34 at exchange rates.

"Contains the FGR.1, two FGR.2's, an F.3 (also known as F-4J(UK)) and an additional 'clean' F.3. The classic Royal Navy FG.1 rounds out the Brit lineup.

The sleek RF-4C appears in two US schemes as well as an RF-4E with some very colourful Greek Air Force textures (RF-4E also included in 'clean' format)."

andy

Post by andy »

No...no....no....!!! Stop it. :huf:
I will not buy it. I will not buy it. I will........................ :shock: :doh:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I was doing very well until I read Royal Navy FG.1 :doh: How the hell I'm going to handle something that goes 10times faster than what I'm used to.. god only knows! :shock:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

andy

Post by andy »

Resistance is futile................you will be alphasimulated :smile:

WZ862
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by WZ862 »

I ll be ... just when "the" match is on. Cant watch and fly at the same time.

Pretty much like the feature list, though.

Andy, still contemplating? :smile:

Sven

andy

Post by andy »

WZ862 wrote:I ll be ... just when "the" match is on. Cant watch and fly at the same time.

Pretty much like the feature list, though.

Andy, still contemplating? :smile:

Sven
I've managed to resist so far, Sven.
Don't know for how long though. Stopping smoking was easier.

I see the first faults are being reported............No1 HSI not showing the glideslope. :-$ :smile:

......and the roundals are too large.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

If anyone purchases it I'd be intrigued to hear about your opinion of the flight models. I wasn't impressed with pack 1 and 2 at all in that regard, they took a lot of tweaking.

andy

Post by andy »

I doubt if it's been changed Chris.
I don't like this three pack stuff. I fell for it with the lightning until it came to pack 3, which I have resisted.
I didn't buy the first two F4's and I'm not convinced about the pack 3.
I don't need all of the flavours, in all of the colours, so I might still go for the IRIS model.
Time will tell. :roll: :wink:

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

andy wrote:I doubt if it's been changed Chris.
I don't like this three pack stuff. I fell for it with the lightning until it came to pack 3, which I have resisted.
I didn't buy the first two F4's and I'm not convinced about the pack 3.
I don't need all of the flavours, in all of the colours, so I might still go for the IRIS model.
Time will tell. :roll: :wink:
I also was dissapointed in the Frightning pack 3, so I'm a bit hesitant to purchase this. Once bitten twice shy I suppose.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yeh well.. resistance was futile and my card has been hit for £11 :lol:

I can't understand what was said in the blurb about attention to framerates as this has the distinction of being the only model outside Dave G's excellent (and free!) Hunters to send my ground textures into mud :shock:
I don't really want to comment on the FD at present as being used to flying the Rapide (also by DG and FREE but doesn't blur the ground!!) a fish out of water is the best way to describe how I feel with it!! Detail looks very good and textures are nice and crisp. So far, I've managed one very good landing (my first) and two very bad landings (my second and third) :lol: VC is good, 2D is okey doh (but useless to land with.. par for the course). It seems to have an excess of lateral stability but that is very probably me. It doesn't like holding on the brakes either.. the poor thing sits there and rattles (visibly) until you let go! :lol:

To be honest, I can't see me flying it very often but I just had to have one and from what I've seen on the briefest of looks.. it's not half bad :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!