Real life Harrier down.....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

andy

Post by andy »

TobyVickers wrote:
andy wrote:Good grief Toby, you had me worried there. I thought you said pub wenches
:roll:

Probably best that we start a separate thread on barmaids, if need be :lol:
Now that would be a thread.................................that wives should not have access to......................
"Would you like another one" is grounds for divorce.................. :smile: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Going O/T here, but should probably add "girlfriends", "partners" and "ex-wives" to that list Steve, just to make sure its water-tight :lol:

andy

Post by andy »

TobyVickers wrote:Going O/T here, but should probably add "girlfriends", "partners" and "ex-wives" to that list Steve, just to make sure its water-tight :lol:
Don't forget "Other peoples girlfriends, partners, wives, etc."....... :redface: :smile:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Back on topic, I saw this item again on South Today this morning, with a video of the smoke plumes from the crash going up, and in the foreground, did I see G-AGTM (Tom's Rapide) on the ground at the airport?

andy

Post by andy »

Here's the latest............
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfo ... 179348.stm

I wonder what the course was that was being run in the pub???

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

From reports I've heard on FoxFM.. it seems the pilot was fully aware he was in difficulty and forced the aircraft to a position where it would be safe for him to 'let go'. Kidlington airport was closed for the remainder of yesterday and the road close to the crash site remains closed today so don't go for a goof :wink:

ATB

DaveB
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

As this was to be a display aircraft at Fairford, I wonder if it’s the same one that went at U/S at Waddington recently?

It had to return to land immediately after take off. There might even be the possibility that it was a reoccurrence of the same fault? :dunno:

Alex

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Alex.. as I understand it, this particular aircraft was going for 'Static' display only.. not as a flyer :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

They don't come any more static than the bottom of a deep hole, mercifully free of bits of pilot or passerby.

Sure you weren't trying to drum up some passing trade Dave? That shoulder mounted SAM launcher from the wife for Christmas might not go down too well with Trading Standards.

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Apologies - the system gave me a strange error about emails and did not seem to send the post.