Updated MAAM C-47...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Updated MAAM C-47...

Post by petermcleland »

I downloaded and installed this update yesterday and here is a sequence to show it off:-

Here is the new updated VC, which I'm sure you will agree looks superb.

There goes "Echo" for a quick local flight while the F-16s are on a day free of duty (it's Thursday).

A full sequence of my circuit in this aeroplane can be seen by clicking here:-

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... =full&page

You can also find a download URL for the update and another to show details included in the update.

Thanks for looking :dance:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

i am waiting for the updated for the passenger version, having downloaded the update on the release day. there are only two of the update aircraft i like. mainly the english ones, ie pegasus.
mark beaumont has indicated that the civy version is not that far away from release. hopefully they will also bring out the canadian search and rescue texture. Not a big fan of american 2nd world war stuff. canadian is ok as it's owned by mr's windsor. :lol:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Peter you will notice whilst in the VC mode. the fuel switch is configured for three tanks only. the right aux setting is inop. with three full tanks you can still fly 1000nm. i've just done the transatlantic flight using three tanks. flynet would not accept a four fuel tank MAAM aircraft.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I must say I'm awfully tempted to get that Dakota. Excellent screenshots, Peter, and a nice commentary aswell. :smile:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Paul K wrote:I must say I'm awfully tempted to get that Dakota. Excellent screenshots, Peter, and a nice commentary aswell. :smile:
Paul,

It is really worth buying the original CD...Wonderful value and absolutely full of great stuff...Then when you have installed you can download the rest of the variants and updates. Part of the cost of the CD is donated to MAAM so it is a worthy cause :smile:

BTW...There is something rather special about flying this aeroplane...They seem to have achieved some magic effect with the .air file...As you lift it clear of the ground, you just get this feeling that it IS really flying. For me it is quite unique in Flight Simulator :dance:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Peter, I think you've sold it to me. I've read a fair bit about the MAAM Dakota, and as I'm sure you'll agree, you don't mind paying for something if you know its the best available. Your endorsement finally seals it, and much appreciated.

So..thats the Just Flight 'Vulcan', the Alphasim 'Catalina' and now the MAAM 'Dakota' on the list. Bosun, lash that Barclaycard to the hatch cover whilst I flog it!! :lol:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Paul,

I gaurantee that it will find a very special place in your hangar :dance:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

david balmer wrote:i am waiting for the updated for the passenger version, having downloaded the update on the release day. there are only two of the update aircraft i like. mainly the english ones, ie pegasus.
mark beaumont has indicated that the civy version is not that far away from release. hopefully they will also bring out the canadian search and rescue texture. Not a big fan of american 2nd world war stuff. canadian is ok as it's owned by mr's windsor. :lol:
That model I'm using there is the "Delivery" model in bare metal...American yes, but I have to say that I have rather taken to it...I love to watch the lightplay on the skin...Best seen on the starboard side for technical reasons :roll:

It is the "Cargo Drop" model, but I must admit that I have not yet done that...I dropped some paratroops on McLeland Field some time ago and that went well...They landed on the beach. I will try to drop some cargo in the same place. I notice that this model is carrying 3400 lbs of cargo ready to drop.

Douglas C-47-DL Transport, c/n 4426, 41-18388 delivered June 1942. Later reported missing in action.

BTW with reference to your previous post on the number of tanks...I never use the VC so with the 2D panel I have all four tanks :smile:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Peter, i have just spend a little time with the bbmf, what a cracker. now altering the cfg to all aircraft to help with moving around on the hard stuff. without pedals and separate throttles it can be a bugger to swing round.

Paul, you will not be disappointed with this add on. if you need advice on panel mods and cfg alteration. give us a shout. just a note for you, read and watch the training book as this old girl can work tricks on you. best of luck flying the old girl.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

david balmer wrote:Paul, you will not be disappointed with this add on. if you need advice on panel mods and cfg alteration. give us a shout. just a note for you, read and watch the training book as this old girl can work tricks on you. best of luck flying the old girl.
Thanks David, I've just this minute ordered it from the MAAM website. Nice to see it comes in a BEA livery too. Actually, given the ubiquitous nature of the DC-3, and that this is probably the best model of it, there must be loads of repaints available.

Anyway, I'll now go and sit by the letter box and wait. :lol: