Car Insurance

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec. £1800 tpft :roll: :shock: :crying:

Another thing, I was looking at... The focus has 100hp from its 1.6 iirc? And the Rover 25 has 104 from 1.4? LOL
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

The 1.4litre K-series DOHC engine in my Rover 25 nominally has 103bhp, though sometimes you wouldnt think it :think: (when driving it)

The 1.8 litre K-series (non-VVC) in our MG ZS has 120bhp, and that really is a super drive with great handling and much better controls than my 25. Quite why the 1.4 is allegedly so powerful I dont know, but I think the original K series were intended only to be 1.1 and 1.4 litre as a direct replacement for the aging A+ engines in the Mini and Metro. The duffer is the 1.6litre which suffers head gasket maladies amongst other things.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

We had the 1.6k in our old R400. And it was a cracker engine, didnt have hgf and it used to make one hell of a nice noise when pushed hard :smile: One thing to note is that all the power is very high up the rev range.
The 2.5l Kv6 in the ZT beats it for noise, in fact it sounds like it wants to be redlined in every gear and loves it! :shock:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

RJP
Comet
Comet

Post by RJP »

Charlie Bravo wrote:Thats for a 25 year old with 1 year NCB on a Peugeot 306 1.9TD.

Anyway, having shopped around I've now gone with Quinn Direct. £749.22 with £130 excess. Bargain :cool:
Charlie Bravo wrote:When I had a motorbike (Suzuki SV650S) I paid £1346 TPF&T. When I then moved to Braintree, Essex, the premium dropped to £646.
AndyMinx wrote:I have 0 years no claims and it cost me £1220 to insure my Citroen C2 1.4HDi for this 1st year!
Not bad when some companies wanted to charge me over £2500!!!! :k:
jonesey2k wrote:Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec. £1800 tpft :roll: :shock: :crying:
:crying: :dunno: Jesus!!! I suddenly feel a bit better about my insurance!! Somehow I've acquired 6 vehicles, the most expensive one to insure is a Range Rover, 4.4l v8, HSE. That works out at the equivalent of £810. That one's in Bahrain. 3 of the others in the UK, a Land Rover 110, a Land Rover 127 & a Discovery (all rare / sought after vehicles (used on the 'Camel Trophy')) are insured with NFU (http://www.nfumutual.co.uk/) and are approx £350 each, for any driver. As I was keeping previous policies a NCD couldn't be applied (but in such a case they'll still knock something off). NFU are excellant to deal with & nothing seems to faze them. After arranging the 110's insurance I was on the way home when I remembered I hadn't told them it's left-hand-drive. I went back to tell them & the lady in the office just said "so?".

Rgds
Richard
Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!